Chapter 86 - Fresh Air

⚠️TW⚠️
Betrayal
Injury Detail
Animal Injury
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
I can't believe him, how could he not of told me?

"Love please, let me explain." He said with desperation.
"No Aaron, I though we trusted each other!" I yell.
"We do, my love, we do."
"No," I say. "You obviously don't trust me anymore."
He shakes his head vigorously, "that's not true at all, you know it's not".
"You know what? Right now, I feel like I don't know anything about you."

With that I left the bedroom, storming my way to Kenji's room, then banging on the door. If Aaron would've told anyone, it would be Kenji. Aaron says he hates Kenji but he trusts him - apparently more than he trusts me.

When Kenji finally opens the door he says, "woah woah".
I barge past him and sit on his bed. "Did you know?!"
"What the fuck are you talking about J?" He looked at me confused and slightly concerned.
"About the letter, the threat against me," I specified. "Did you know?"
"..." Kenji is silent for a moment... "yes".

Wonderful! The two people who I would of trusted with my life have been keeping a secret from me, ABOUT ME!

And I'm out of that room, faster than an Olympic runner. Sprinting to the doors that lead you out of the base, pushing through them and taking a deep inhale, filling my lungs with the, much needed, fresh air.

I can't believe it! Though I do understand why they hid it.
I suppose that, from their perspective, they only wanted to keep me safe. So, really, I shouldn't be this angry... yet I am.

I walked around the sector grounds and found myself in the farmlands where my sister and brother currently work.

"Leo, Annie - hey." I approach them both, they're feeding the horses in the bright red barn.
"Hey Jules, why're you here?" Leo asked.
"I just passed by and thought I'd come and see you both."
"Aw, that's so nice. It's so good to see you." Annie said with joy.

I walk to the bin of apples and pick up a few, then going over to the stables and giving the horses the food. Each horse accepted the apple gratefully.

"You know you're so lucky, spending all day with these cute animals." I say, stoking one of the horses noses.
"You know, it's good and all, but when it comes to cleaning up their shit, it's not so amazing." Leo said, refill the hay in each stable.

I think I should spend more time with my brother and sister, my family.

"This is so nice, I wish we could spend more time together." I say, with an honest smile.
Annie nods, "yeah, we would love that".
"Yes, that would be great!" Leo chipped in. "Also, it's nice to get some extra help with the animals. So that's a bonus."
Annie rolled her eyes, "oh my gosh! Leo!"
He looked at her blankly. "What?"

While they bicker over something Leo said that is or is not rude, I walk over to the horses again and see a light brown horse, with a darker brown mane, the name label on his stable said that his name was Oliver.

"Hey buddy." I spoke.
"Neigh"

I chuckled, why the fuck did I just walk to a horse?
I look at the horse, seeing that his back left leg has a massive scar up it. What happened? I glance back at the horse's face and see a small, old scar just under his right eye. How can a horse get a scar under his eye when he lives in a stable?

"Juliette!" I heard someone call, snapping out of my train of thoughts.
"Huh? What?" I stutter. "Yeah!" I walk back over to Annie and Leo, seeing that they have calmed down and stamped arguing.
"Why has Oliver got scars on his leg and under his eye?" I ask.
"We don't know," Annie began. "One day he was fine, and then the next day he has those cuts."
"Yeah, we came into the stables and he was just... like it." Leo added.
"That's weird." I mutter. "How can that be? There is no way he could get those kinds of damages from in here."
"I don't know Juliette, it may be a nail that's sticking out." Leo said.
"Eh, I guess that's possible." I lie.

Time for me, Juliette Ferras, to become Sherlock Holmes.
————
Word count: 794

(A/N): (Hey, I know I haven't posted in sooo long, but I've just had such bad writers block! Like I couldn't think of any plot points! But I have a few good ones now.

It's also Christmas so I haven't been focused on writing as much.
Also, merry Christmas!)