Chaoter 34 - Castle, Delelui

⚠️TW⚠️
Illness
Puking
————
AARON'S POV:
I'm sitting here with a damp cloth on Juliette's head, she's burning up, face red but somehow shivering. I hate seeing her like this.

I notice the goosebumps on her arms and say:
"I'm going to go and make you some tea, with milk and one teaspoon of sugar?" I already know that's how she likes her tea, I just want to double check.
She sniffed, nose obviously bunged up. "Yes," her voice a croaky whine.

I kiss her damp and hit head, standing up and walking down to the kitchen, filling and boiling the kettle.
Whilst waiting for the kettle to finish I grab a sheet of paper and a pen from the study and sit at the desk.
I write:

Castle,

I am writing to you because Juliette is ill. Seems to me she has the flu, but I'm no doctor. I won't let her work in this state, so I will answer your letter from yesterday:

The people, of course they talk, make rumours, spread false accusations and true ones.
They need an explanation and I have found a suitable solution. If the people of 45 need an excuse, on last resort tell them we are off to my father's funeral. It's unlikely they would fully believe it, but it holds some probability. After that we just have to hope that the possibility of it shines through.

Once again this is only to be done in last resort. If they don't accept that then send me a letter so I can reconsider the approach towards the situation.

Kind regards,
A.W

I run out to the main box and put the letter inside then turn back and walk into the house. I pick up a tea cup and add a tea bag, then pour the boiled water into the mug. Get the milk from the fridge, the sugar from the cupboard. I stir the milk and sugar into the mug and then remove the tea bag.

I walk upstairs and into the bedroom, I see her laying in the same position I left her in she is covered in sweat but still shivering with goosebumps. She looks so pale, so weak and defenceless, it breaks my heart.
"Hey..." I softly spoke. He looked at me with weak eyes, she had a wonky smile.
"Hey" she sighs.
Juliette slowly starts to sit herself up, I run over and place the tea on the bedside table and help her sit upright.
"Thank you." She says and I give her the warm cup. "Thank you," she repeats, now for the tea.
She sipped at the liquid, swallowing hard, it seems like it's difficult for her to swallow. I run over to my side of the bed and snuggle her into my side, kiss her head.
"Love, do you want some medicine?" I questioned. She nods.

I walk into the bathroom and grab the medicine from the cabinet, then walk back into the room to give her the pills.
She takes two of them and swallows it with a sip of tea. I kiss her forehead and sit on the edge of the bed by her, taking a hold of her hand.
"Go to sleep, sweetheart." I whisper.
"I can't, I have to get back to Castle." I kiss her forehead and say:
"I've taken care of that, no need to worry about anything other than getting better."
She smiles so brightly. "Thank you, Aaron."
"It was my pleasure, love" and with that she closes her eyes. I stay like I am until she is sound asleep.

I slowly stand up and then walk to the door, softly shut it behind me.
I need to write to a doctor to come and see what's wrong. The question is, which doctor do I trust with our location.

Delelui.
Delelui was a doctor when he was younger, he served as a doctor for ten years and briefly as a surgeon. I trust him. He is, at the end of the day, my grandfather.
So I start going downstairs to the office, again. Pick up a sheet of paper and the same pen I use when I write my letter to Castle.
I write:

Delelui,

I am in much need of medical assistance. Juliette is currently unwell and it's come to the point where I'm starting to worry.

We woke up this morning and she looked pale and had all the symptoms of a bad cold, but now, within an hour or so, she looks paler than I've ever seen. She has a nasty cough and a very high temperature. I put a damp cloth on her forehead, it seems to have not helped, her fever has increased since then.
She can barely move and she says she's freezing cold, she has goosebumps and is shivering, despite the rocket's high temperature.

I don't know what to do to help her so I'm in need of your assistance. Please, as soon as possible, come to the house and take a look at her.

Kind regards
A.W

I mail the letter like I did the one to Castle. The weather is still the glooms of winter, air blowing the trees - they slowly sway.
I get back inside and escape the cold.
I make my way to the kitchen and look through the cooking books on the shelf look for something to make us for lunch, I read some of the recipes:
Salad, nachos, club sandwiches, bacon and eggs.
But there is only one thing I like to eat when, on the rare occasion, I have been unwell.
And that's soup. Chicken soup and a slice of warm bread. So that's what I'll make.
————
I've been cooking for about half an hour and I've finished the chicken soup. It smells delicious, I hope I'll. e able to get some food into her. She needs to eat and drink as much as possible. I just want her to be back to her normal self, happy and healthy, feeling better.

I walk into the room to a sleeping Juliette looking just as pale as before. I kiss her head in an attempt to wake her, this, however, doesn't work.

"Love," I coo.
She groans and opens her ocean eyes, they seem more dull, less colourful. She looks at me with a pained expression. I put the bowl on the bedside table and helped her sit up.
"Hey, sweetheart" I kissed her forehead. "Are you hungry at all?"
"No." She croaks.
"Do you think you could try for me?" I questioned.
She shakes her head in protest.
"Could you try?"
She reluctantly sighed, I picked up the bowl and placed it in her hands.
She took a spoonful of the liquidised food, swallowed hard, then took another mouthful.
"It's really nice," she smiles.
"I'm glad you like it. I found the recipe in one of the cookbooks. It's really easy to make." My face lights up. I'm so glad she has eaten something. She drank her tea, so now I'm slightly less worried because she's eaten and had something to drink.

Until he face turns sour. She gags and I know she's about to puke, I run into the bathroom and retrieve the small bin, I sprinkle back to the bed and put it in her hands.
It only took her one more gag before she was sick. It was so painful to see her like this, I don't know how to help her and that makes me feel so much more hurt.

I just hope Delelui gets the letter soon, I need to know she's alright.
————
Word count: 1274