Chapter 103 - James

The rest of the day has been tense. Adam hasn't been seen, and Aaron has been like a tiger, ready to pounce on its prey.

"Hey, Juliette." I hear a little voice say as I sit, sipping at water, in the training room.

"Hello James." I smile down at the small, blond boy. "How can I help you?"

"Have you seen my brother?" He asked, a hint of concern in his tone. "Adam, not Warner."

"I though the was with you." I tell the confused boy. "I haven't seen him in a few hours."

"Huh." James sighed in thought, "I haven't seen him since breakfast."

"I don't know where he is." I start, "but right know that right now, he needs to be alone." I quickly notice that it sounds like I'm saying his brother doesn't want to see him and I try and save the situation, "it's nothing that you, or anybody else has done, he's just mad at the moment."

James sends me and questioning look. "Why is he mad?"

I don't know how I'm supposed to answer this. Am I meant to tell him the truth? Lie? Tell him a half truth?

"I'm not to sure why, James." I settle with. It's kind of the truth, being as I don't know why he is so worked up about this, yet again it's far from truthful. I feel bad lying to James, he's always been kind to me. I know, though, if I told him what his big brother had done, it would break the poor boys heart. He thinks the world of Adam - of course he does, since his mother died, Anderson not in the picture to be a father to him, all he had was Adam. Adam has been the one consistency in his world.

"Oh, well, when do you think he'll be back?" His little voice asks, quietly.

"I'm sure he'll be back soon, James." I smile, trying to lighten his mood.

Aaron, then, comes over, kissing my forehead and grabs a bottle of water from the small fridge.

"Warner." James called.

Aaron looks down at him, like he didn't know that he was there. "Oh hello James."

"Have you seen Adam?"

I can feel Aaron tense at the name of his brother. "No I haven't." He try's to remain composed. "Why, do you need him?"

James nods.

"Can I help?" Asked Aaron.

"Adam was meant to come to my school today, parents evening."  ( I don't know if anywhere else has these, but, in England, a parents evening is where the parents meet with the child's teacher and discus how they're doing with the work, they also put out all the students work books so that the parents can see their work.)

James face showed sorrow, his eyes filling with tears. "He didn't show up."

Aw, bless his little heart.

Aaron kneels down so he is eye level with his little brother. "Hey, buddy, is there another one, tomorrow?"

James nods, wiping his eyes.

"How about, me and Juliette try and find Adam and ask him to go to that one, and if not, me and Juliette will come and you can show us your work?" He puts a hand on James' shoulder. 

The little boys face lights up. "Really?"

"Of course." I add, confirming that I would be there.

James leaps into Aaron's arms, hugging him with his little arms. "Thank you." He softly says.

I melt, this is so cute! I can imagine, one day, Aaron like this with our very own child.

The next evening comes around and there's still no sign of Adam. It's like he evaporated.