Chapter 63 - Betrayal

⚠️TW⚠️
Mention of neglect
Mention of betrayal
Anger
Making fun of people's mental pain
Talk of war/battle
————
I've just arrived at my office from walking Leo and Annie to the farm fields. I walk in and see Aaron and Kenji surrounded by paperwork. "Oh, since when was my office a communal area?"

They both shoot a look at me, shocked. "What are you both doing?" I asked.
"Don't worry, J, we've got it all sorted now." Kenji dashes to cover up a certain file.
"What's all the secret hiding about?" I laugh, looking him dead in the eyes.
"Nothing. Just... personal files, that's all." Kenji stuttered.
"Oh, so you are willing to share them with Aaron and not me?" I ask, I know he's lying.
"Maybe," he says. "It could be a manly problem."
I laugh. "A what?"
"Manly problem."
"What's that?" I giggle.
"Like... some problem with men's things."
I give him an 'Are you serious' look. "Men's things?"
"Yes. You know, talking about girls and the best shaving cream brands."

Aaron comes up to me and kisses my forehead, then says; "I can assure you we weren't, and never will, talk about those types of things."

I nod. "I know. It's just funny to see Kenji all flustered when he lies."
Aaron chuckles and nods in agreement.

"So what is it you're hiding from me?" I asked, seriously this time.

"Love," Aaron's voice slightly shakes. "Why don't you take a seat."

That's when the fear struck me, I know that this is something serious. I can tell.
I sit down on my office chair, behind my desk, and both Aaron and Kenji sit on the two chairs on the other side of my desk.

"What's going on?" I ask, very cautiously.
"So, we have some records that have explained things." Kenji shoves a file folder onto the desk.

I took out the first sheet of paper, it's dated recently.
I pick it up and read it:

Name: Annie Ferras
Age: 22
Documenter: Mr Ferras

Annie has shown no signs of monstrous behaviour, like her younger sister. She remains of great use to us and keeps quiet when instructed. She has been doing as told when it comes to communicating with Juliette Ferras. She has agreed to the terms of manipulation towards her sister.

Annie Ferras can speak telepathically with anyone she desires. A useful power for the RARE's, an extraordinary advantage.

She seems to have no trouble lying and threatening her sister. Making her panic and cry, Sometimes they both laugh at their own sisters' agony.
———
I pull out the next piece of paper, also dated recently.

Name: Theodore Ferras (Known as Leo)
Age: 24
Documenter: Mr Ferras

Theodore has shown no problems with the mission against his sister. I do not doubt that it's an act to make way for his, and possibly Annie's, plan - one they've concocted. I will keep a close eye on both of them and monitor what they do whilst they think me and my wife, Mrs Ferras, are not around.

Theodore Ferras can manipulate emotions, he can make someone feel however he wants them to. A strong and dangerous power.

It's only recently become useful to us, mainly Sebastian, for the plan to play with Juliette Ferras' (his youngest sister) emotions.
He, like Annie, shows no resentment against this plan of Sebastian's. He seems to be excited to get on with the mind games of his sister, Juliette. He, like his sister, laughs at his sister's fear and panic.
———
After reading Leo's I see one with my name on it, it's dated almost eleven years ago;

Name: Juliette Ferras
Age: 8
Documenter: Mr Ferras

Juliette has shown many monstrous tendencies. I don't think we'll be able to keep her held captive here much longer. If she discovers her super strength, she can easily free herself and run off, potentially with her brother and sister. We can't risk that.

We will have to have Juliette Ferras moved into an asylum, and make up some story to get her admitted, I'm sure that's something Paris Anderson and Alexander Petit can help us with, them both having children within the same age range as Juliette, they'll be able to help make a convincing story.

Juliette Ferras possesses a lethal touch, she can kill anyone with just a simple handshake. She also has, not to her knowledge, super strength. Her strength is unmatchable and her touch isn't something that can be tolerated, she is a pain weapon. She inflicts agonising suffering.
———
"So this means that Annie and Leo have some involvement in Sebastian's plan, whether they wanted to or were forced," I say, on the verge of tears. "How could they do this to me? Why didn't they tell me? Sure I knew Annie was Suara, she said that she was only trying to warn me, not that she was conspiring with Sebastian." I say.

"Juliette-" Aaron starts and I cut him off.
"They were laughing at me, mocking me! How could they?!" I stand up and shout. I'm filled with rage.

"Calm down J," Kenji says.

"Calm down! Are you serious? You meant me to be calm about this? Are you crazy?! I trusted them, let them into the base, and gave them jobs, as they asked! How can I possibly be anything but livid?!" I scream.

Aaron doesn't say anything, he just comes and wraps his arms around me.

I sink into his embrace, sobbing.
————
Word count: 939