Chapter 79 - Predicable

⚠️TW⚠️
Breaking and entering/stealing
Betrayal
Talk of war
Panic
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
I march my way up to the elevator that leads to Aaron and I's bedroom, I step in and click the button to take me up, when Aaron puts his hand in between the closing doors, giving him time to get in the lift himself.

When the doors close, and it's only me and Aaron, in a tiny metal box, he turns to me.
"Juliette, love, what's your plan?"
I smile, knowing all too well that he's on board with whatever it is I want to do.
"First, we need to find that bastard." I say, explaining my plan. "Then, we'll see if he is willing to tell us the truth, and go from there."

He nods as the doors reopen, revealing Aaron's office.
We both step out the elevator and walk through the room that contains a desk, chair and a whole load of guns. Aaron presses a button on the panel of the lift, the same panel that you call the lift from, the button is red and has a padlock on.
Though I'm fairly certain of the answer I still ask, "what does that do?"
He chuckles. "It locks the elevator, so no one can go up or down it."
After that, we get into our room and I sprawl out over the mattress, closing my eyes, keeping them firmly shut.
By the sudden sinking of the bed I assume Aaron has sat on the bed as well.
He runs his hand through my hair and we both sit in silence for about ten minutes.

"Well, this isn't how I pictured today going." Aaron half joked but also said it half seriously as well.
I laugh, "I know, same here".

I open my eyes and look into the green circles that lay around his pupil.
"You're so beautiful," I say. "Did you know that?"
He smiled, showing me his gorgeous dimples, before replying with, "I think that's something I should be asking you, sweetheart".

We lay, like that, in a comfortable silence for a short while, until Aaron's eyes widened and he smiled.
"I think I have an idea."
I give him a questioning look and he repays it by standing up and offering me his hand, to help me up. I accept it and he leads us out of our room, through the halls, and then we're outside the room that belongs to Ian.

"When Sebastian captured you, I got into Alexander's laptop, looked through his emails with his son, maybe Ian has emails like that, we can prove, then, that he is, in fact, guilty."
I smile. "That's amazing and all, but how do you plan on getting in his room?"

He stops for a second, thinks, then reaches for the door handle.

"He won't be in here, after he found out you unmasked his secret, he would of been out of here like a flash." He says. "I'm assuming he'd have taken himself straight back to his room, packing a bag with all the proof of him being against us. I assume he would've written some kind of email to Sebastian, explaining what happened, preparing him, informing him he's been exposed."

He twists the handle and it opens slightly, Aaron still holding it closed.

"I would imagine by the time he'd logged into his laptop and packed at least some of his valuables, he heard us coming. With no way out of this if we caught him and came face-to-face with him, I think he would have ran. Leaving everything and anything behind."

He opens the door fully, revealing the state of the room. Clothes everywhere, papers scattered all over his desk.

"If we saw him, caught him, he'd have no chance, but, if we only have his laptop with information that's secured and could take us days to get into, he would've ran, hoping to come back here, sneak in, and take back his laptop, before we got any solid evidence against him."

I walk into the room, turn around and see Aaron shutting the door behind us.
I run up to him and jump into his arms. "You're a genius."
He smiles and kisses my cheek. "I just see what others don't, therefore I can anticipate what they are going to do in a situation of major stress."

I pull away from the hug and we both start searching the messy room.

Aaron walks over to the desk and opens the laptop, revealing the password lock screen.
"Juliette, you know him a lot better than I do, is there anything he's really interested in, maybe a sport, brand of car? Maybe any family members, brothers or sisters?" Aaron asked me.
I shook my head. "If you wanted to know that you'd have to ask Kenji, he knows Ian a lot better than I do."
"Wait." Aaron stopped. "Do you know Kenji's password for his computer login?"
"Well, no, but I can take a wild guess."
Aaron's face lit up.

Just like that we were running to the base's I.T room, Aaron carrying Ian's laptop with him.

When we got to the I.T room, it was empty. Aaron shut the door and locked it, while I was shutting all the blinds and windows.

I got onto a pc whilst Aaron Aaron plugged Ian's laptop into the one next to me.

"Okay, Kenji's email." I spoke to myself. "KenjiKishimoto45@reestablishment.com" I said whilst typing it in the 'username' box. "Password, let me see..."

I typed in 'Tangled'.

The screen showed a little loading whirling circle, then it showed the homepage.

"Aaron, I got in." I said.
He looked over at the screen, the first noticeable thing was his wallpaper, it was a photo of all the characters from Tangled. Of course it was.
"I mean, come on Kishimoto." Aaron sighed. "Let me guess, his password was something along the lines of, Tangled?"
I laugh, "yes".
"Predictable." Aaron ended up mumbling in a playful tone.
"Yep," I answered. "That he is."
————
Word count: 1013