Chapter 62 - First Day

⚠️TW⚠️
Talk of kidnapping/hostage
Mild threatening behaviour
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
I woke up for the fifth time this morning, the four times before were from nightmares, but now, this one, I wake up because of me and Aaron's alarm buzzing.
"Morning," I hear Aaron's sleepy voice say from beside me.
"Good morning, Aaron." I turn and face him, his piercing green eyes are already fixed on me. I smile. "You know it's weird to stare at people, right?" I giggle.
"I can't help it, you're just so beautiful."
"What's in the back of my head?" I laugh.
He nods, "yes".
"I wish we didn't have to ever get out of bed." I say, rolling into his arms and laying my head into the crook of his neck.
"As do I, love, but we have a sector to run." He rubs my back, making soothing circular motions.
"You're not making me want to get up any more, I just want to stay like this all day."
He laughs.
Then, all of a sudden, someone knocks on the door.
"Ugh, seriously." I groan, standing up and walking over to the door.

I open the door and see my older brother, Leo, standing at the door.
"Morning." He says, looking past me and into the bedroom. He pulls a face when he sees Aaron laying there only wearing shorts, he's shirtless. I'm wearing a small, light pink pyjama top and some matching pyjama shorts.

"Morning," I say. "Are you alright? How did you know I'd be here?"
He brings his attention back to me. "Oh, this man named Delelui said this was your room. Said you'd be in here." Leo said.
"Oh. What is it you need? Is something wrong?" I ask.
"No, everything's fine. I was just wondering where me and Annie get food from?"
I nod, that was pretty obvious. It is breakfast time.
"Oh," I smile, "if you wait just a minute for me and Aaron to get changed, you can walk down with us. Go and get Annie."

He nods and leaves, I shut the door.

I look over to the bed and notice that Aaron isn't in bed anymore, he is now in the closet getting dressed. I joined him, both of us changing out of pajamas and into day clothes.

I wear a white top with a black skirt, then a blazer over my top. I finish it off with a small bag, circular and grey.

 I finish it off with a small bag, circular and grey

Aaron wears his normal suited look. I don't blame him for keeping to this look, it makes him look wonderful. It's his style and he looks really good in it.

A few minutes later me and Aaron step out the door and see Annie and Leo waiting for us

"Hey." Annie says in her cheerful voice. "Today I feel like I have a lot of explaining to do. You know the whole Suara."
I nod, "yes. I agree."
"And this is your boyfriend, right?" Leo points at Aaron.
He knows he is. I guess a lot happened yesterday, so maybe he's forgotten.

"Yes, Aaron is my boyfriend." I say.
"Aren't you that asshole who ran this sector before Jules?" Leo looks at Aaron, shooting him a glare.
"Yes." He simply admits.
"I swear if you are a bitch to my little sister, I swear I'll rip you in half and burn you."

I roll my eyes. "Leo! Stop it." I say, annoyed.

"No, it's alright, love, he just cares about you. If I had a sister I'd do the same." He smiled, showing Leo an understanding look.

"Come on, let's just get to the dining hall."

When we get into the hall we walk over to our usual table. There's Kenji, Castle, Adam, James, Winston and Brendon.
"Hey." I say as I, Aaron, Leo and Annie sit down.

"Hey, good morning." James smiles. "Who are the two new people?" I forgot that James hasn't been told about Leo and Annie.
"Oh, right." I chuckle. "James, this is Leo and Annie, my older brother and older sister. And Leo and Annie, this is James, Adam and Aaron's little brother."

"Oh, so you're like me, Adam and Warner?" He asked.
"Yes, we're siblings." Annie smiled at James.
"How old are you both?" He asks, Annie chuckles and Leo huffs a laugh.
"Well," Annie started, "I'm 22".
Leo says, "and I'm 24".

The rest of breakfast goes like normal, just with the two new faces. After we've all eaten, me and Aaron walk Annie and Leo back to their room, as they don't know their way around yet.
"Here we are." I smile, we're standing outside Annie's door, Leo's room is next to hers.

"So like, what do you do around here?" My brother asked.
"We run the sector, we sort out the citizens' needs, food supply and clean, freshwater. Building new houses and shops, businesses and jobs for people. Health care and military services." I say.
"Oh, that's cool." Annie smiled. "Do you need any help?"
I look at Aaron, he smiles and nods. Then I say; "well, we can always use some extra help around here".

They both nod, "what can we do? Is there anything you need us to help with?" Leo asked.
"Erm, you could both help with the farming, I suppose. It will also be nice for you both to be outside, I know what it's like to be deprived of fresh air for a long period of time, so that'll do you the world of good."

They both agree and the day's workload commences. I quickly walk them down to the farming fields behind the base. I leave them with a farmer, old and kind, he's called Sammy. I know he'll take good care of them.

"I'll see you at lunch" I smile, turning around and rushing to fulfil the things I need to do - and that is a lot of things. Luckily I have my boyfriend to help me out. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's the light of my laughs.
————
Word count: 1038