Chapter 67 - Untrustworthy

⚠️TW⚠️
Talk of kidnaping
Betrayal
Talk of trauma
Talk of death/killing
Talk of torture
————
During the time Kenji was talking to Millie and Aaron was witnessing it:
JULIETTE'S POV:
The door shut behind Aaron and Kenji, it took so much to get Aaron to go with Kenji, right now though, I need to be alone right now. I just opened up a bit to Aaron and now, I need to calm down and cool off. So I decide to go for a walk, admittedly it's not the smartest idea as my parents and Sebastian will be trying everything to get me, but - as of this second - I don't care.

I walk through the corridors and out the back door. I walk through the green, fresh grass and then around the newly added country park, luckily for me no one is here, they can't be, this place hasn't been finished yet - it's still under construction.
I picked some flowers, white daisies and some tulips, lavender and daffodils. These would look amazing in a glass vase, placed on a windowsill. I smile, if you'd told me that I'd be here, picking flowers, when I was in the asylum - I'd have thought I'd gone insane, literally.

It's so nice to be out here, in the sun, breeze against my face and wind blowing my hair. It's so refreshing. So freeing. It makes me smile to know that I'll never be forced into isolation again. Well, unless my mum, dad or Sebastian gets ahold of me, in which case, that fact wont withstand. That would be a great deal of torment for me, if I was to be back to having no contact with the outside world. My definition of insufferable.

"Jules!" I hear someone call, I know that voice, Leo. "Juliette! What are you doing here?" Annie asked from beside Leo as they walked towards me, I want to run -  I want to push this conversation as far into the future as I possibly could, seemingly so - that's not going to happen anymore.

"Hi" I said, shyly.
"What's wrong?" Annie rushes to my side.
"Erm," I mumble. I guess I might as well ask them now. "I found some of mum and dads old files on us, some were also recent. They said that you were willingly helping Sebastian, mum and dad try to get me, helping them mess with my mind." I start feeling anger, this time, it's not inflicted by Leo's power. "I trusted you both, trusted you into my home, the base, I saved you and for what? For you to only mess me about! I know you, Annie, spoke to me with your telepathy but I didn't know you, Leo, could fuck around with my emotions, not only that, you did it for Sebastian, a man who want to torture me, use me then kill me off."

They both stand there, taken aback.

"What?" Leo asked.

"Don't act like you don't know what you've done!" I shout.

"Juliette, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good." Leo spoke.

"Yes," said Annie. "You don't understand, it was either someone random from the RARE's base or you - and we thought you were dead!"

"You picked some random person over me, your sister!" I scream. "It seems to you like it wasn't that you thought I was dead, it seems like I am dead to you both! How could you?"

I storm away.

I can hear them call after me, fast pacing footsteps ganging up on me. "Juliette, come back!" One of them calls. "Please, Jules!" The other one shouts.
They run after me so I start running too. I have a massive advantage on them, there's no way they can catch up. I rush back through the halls of the sector and into me and Aaron's bedroom. Locking the door behind me.

I flop down, face first onto the bed. Laying there aimlessly.
————
Word count: 648