Chapter 77 - Strangers

⚠️TW⚠️
Amnesia (due to head trauma)/memory loss
Social anxiety
Sensory overload
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
After the MRI fiasco, they told me I could go back home, to base, and rest. I still can't walk, so I guess it makes sense.
Whoever did this has achieved their goal, made me forget who my friends and foes are, and immobilize me, I'm defenseless.

Now I'm laying in Aaron and I's bed, Aaron is in the shower and I can't seem to think of anything other than this spy. It's worrying me, and that's something that happens way too often.

Soon enough Aaron comes out of the bathroom, hair dripping wet. He is wearing some joggers in his lower half with no shirt, like how he usually sleeps. I don't know what the time is, I don't know how long I've been laying here, thinking.

"Aaron" I say.
He slips into bed and moves me closer to him, I rest my head on his bare chest. "Yes, love?"
"What's the time?"
He looks at a clock, on his bedside-table. "Ten minutes till midnight, sweetheart."
I nod against his chest and feel my eyes get heavy.
"Are you tired?" Aaron asked me, rubbing circles on my back.
I only nod again, too tired to answer with actual words.
"Good night, my love." He whispers, kissing the top of my hair.
"Night." I manage.

I wake up, still wrapped up in Aaron's arms, snuggled in bed.
Aaron is awake, looking at me, watching me sleep.

"You know, it's weird to watch people sleep." I say, stretching a little then wrapping my arms around the back of his neck.
"But you're too beautiful, I can't help it."
I cringe, "that's cheesy".
He laughs and rests his forehead against mine. "I'm so glad you remember me."
I smile. "So am I, I don't know what I'd do without you."
He kisses me, "you'll never have to find that out".

We get up, then get changed.

I wear a white shirt with a red knitted vest over it, then a black, mid length, skirt. I add a black little bag with a hair clip hanging onto the handbags straps.

Aaron wears his usual attire, a white shirt, black blazer, a pair of black trousers, and a belt.

We enter the food hall and sit down at a table with some people I don't recognise. I see Kenji, Adam and Castle, whom I remember from before we went to the hospital, but I don't remember anyone else.
"Hi Juliette!" A small, blond boy said, he looked to be about eleven or twelve.
I stop for a minute, unsure what to say. "Erm," I stutter. "Hello."

Aaron's hand slips to his hand to my lower back, conforming me.
"I... do I know you?" I ask.
The boy's face drops, his smile is gone, replaced with a frown.
"Y-yeah, it's me... James." He says, the boy sounds hurt.
"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to upset you." I say, feeling a rush of guilt.
The boy sadly smiles, then sits back down at the table. Me and Aaron follow his movements and sit down as well.

I scoot my chair closer to Aaron, grasping his hand. I'm feeling very overwhelmed by all the light, people and noise.

"Are you alright, love?" Asks Aaron.
"Erm... yeah, this is all just... confusing." I mumble.
"Why don't you sit here and I'll get you something to eat."

Before I can object, Aaron is already walking over to the buffet, leaving me alone with this group of 'strangers'.
————
Word count: 598