Chapter 33 - Raining

⚠️TW⚠️
Sickness (minor)
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
It's now midday, Aaron and I are sitting but the lake, submerged in the chequered blanket. My head is in Aaron's lap, he is stroking through my hair.
The weather is freezing, the sun's blocked by clouds that are threatening to pour down with rain. I take a deep breath of the fresh grass and the many flowers that are all unique in scents, one sweet, one more bittersweet, a few overpowering scents that would make you sneeze, some that smell either ever so faintly or nonexistent.

"It's beautiful, isn't it" I whisper to Aaron, I look out to the lake.
"Stunning." He ran a thumb across my cheek.

I told my head sideways so I'm looking up at him, I smile. He smirks down at me, he's looking at me as if I'm the only thing left on the earth. He makes me feel loved in a way I never imagined possible, I never knew could ever be fathomable.
His blond hair falls onto my forehead as he leans down to conjoin our lips.
"You, my love," he sits up right again, "are the most precious thing to ever exist, more valuable than diamonds and gold".
I blush. I smile.
"Even in the frozen weather, you manage to ignite me. Light me on fire." His voice rang around my head, filling me with happiness. "I don't know how you do it, but you do."
"Earlier," he breathed, talking again. "You said you were scared, I want to make it clear to you that no matter what happens you, sweetheart, are my most valued priority. I won't let anything happen to you - and if by an unimaginable, unforgivable fate, something did, I will always, always save you, no matter what."
My smile turns into a wider smile that hurts my cheekbone, my eyes prick with tears. "I hope you know that I would do the same for you," I add.
He chuckles a smiling, cheerful chuckle, "I do, my love. I know you would."
I see a flash of... something, flood through him. I give him a loving look that says, 'what's wrong? I'm here'. He flashes a smile, a small smile.
"You okay?" I ask.
"I'm okay, darling." He said. "I'm just so happy and I can't believe it. Sometimes it shocks me." There's pure sentimentality in his eyes now.
"I feel like that sometimes." Looking into his emerald green eyes I sigh. "I don't think it's something I'll ever get used to, this uninterrupted love and happiness. I used to be so certain that all this was a dream, and I was okay with that. If I was to wake up, here and now, to find out that this is in fact a dream, I would still feel your love."
He looks at me, shocked, unmoving and stunned out of his words.
His mouth a slight space agape, his eyes wide and his chest rising and falling in a pace that's only slightly faster than usual. Sparkles taking hostage of his eyes.
"Better days are ahead, sweetheart, I can promise you that." He finally says, looking more composed.
I smile. "I'm starting to believe that," I push myself to an upright position. I swivel my body to face him, I hold my hands with his.

Rain slashes with sudden force onto us and the blanket, the lake and the bridge, the grass and flowers.
"We should get inside." Aaron says, I have a different idea.
I stand up and run across the bridge, across the dark wood and then past the trees, into the open field. I twirl in the rain.
Aaron runs after me, laughing. He stays sheltered underneath the tall trees, I hold out my hand, gesturing for him to come to me, he looks hesitant, but he reaches me. I guide his hands to my waist and I wrap my arms around the back of his neck, I slowly start to sway us. The rain picks up, I turn us in a spin. He laughs and takes my hand and takes me under his arm.

It's been about ten minutes of us just dancing in the rain, laughing and joking, it's been wonderful but I am freezing, so cold. He's already given me his blazer but it isn't drowning the cold air at all. My lips slightly blue and my hands shaking with the lack of heat. He wraps his arms, submerging me, he rubs my back to provide some warmth.
"Come on, let's get inside." He moved back and took my hand in his and then walked us towards the house.
Across the bridge, past the lake, up the small hill and in through the back door that connects to the kitchen. We walk through the kitchen and into the living room where he leads me to the sofa (couch if you're American) and wraps me in a warm blanket. He sits next to me and we watch movies, I lay in his arms.
————
It's morning now. I wake up and see Aaron asleep next to me. I'm freezing, weak and dizzy. I feel sick and my head hurts, I feel my chest wheeze and my throat clenched.

I sneeze, waking up the blond next to me.
"You okay?" He looks at me and rests a hand on my forehead, seeing if I have a fever. "You're boiling, sweetheart. Do you feel unwell?"
I nod, my voice unable to form words.
"You could have a cold or maybe, worst case, the flu." He kissed my head then stood up and walked to the bathroom and came back out with a damp cloth and pressed it only on my head, trying to cool my temperature.
"You look ever so pale, love." His face looked worried.
I sigh, hold his hand that is not on the cloth. I sneezed again led by a nasty, crackling cough.

The simple fact is I'm ill, I either have the flu or a really bad cold.
————
Word count: 1054

(A/N): (I'm sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've been so busy I'll try my very hardest to get one or two chapters out tomorrow.)

(Thank you all so much for over 600 read! I'm so grateful to anyone who read, comments and votes for my story!)