Chapter 65 - Silent

⚠️TW⚠️
Mention of neglect
Mention of betrayal
Anger
Depression
Talk of war/battle
————
AARON'S POV:
It's been three days since Juliette passed out. She woke up a few hours after she fell, she has been sleeping most of the time. It pains me so much to see her like this, she barely eats, only talks when she absolutely needs to. It's horrible.

Juliette's brother and sister, Leo and Annie, have been asking after her non-stop. I have to tell them, over and over, that she's not in the right 'frame of mind' to speak with anyone. I know that she can't deal with confronting them both, so I'm trying to spare her the further pain.

I walk into me and Juliette's bedroom and see her laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Love, are you okay?" I ask, sitting on the edge of the bed.
"What? Huh?" She jumps. It seems like she didn't hear me come in.
"It's only me, sweetheart." I kiss her forehead. Her cheeks have no colour, she's pale as ever.

"Come on, love, let's take a walk outside." I suggest, I've been nagging her with this same question a few times a day, she's always had the same answer:

"No." She continues to stare into space.

I sigh, lay next to her. I reach for her hand and hold it.
"Tell me what you're thinking." I plead.
She turns her head, she faces me. I haven't had this much eye contact with her since she woke up. "I don't know what to feel, Aaron. I don't know how to act, who to trust, who to believe. I'm so tired of my own thoughts."

My heart shatters, I can't stand her feeling like this, I can, not only see her pain, but sense it as well.

"Darling, if you talk to me, speak about all this, I can help you. I want nothing more than to see that genuine, beautiful smile of yours. Your smile speaks a thousand words."

Her eyes lighten just a small amount, it's enough to make me feel a joyous sensation, her eyes look happier - maybe not a lot, but they're still happier.
"I don't know Aaron. I don't even know how I feel - how can I explain something I haven't a clue about." She says, I see the tiny sparkle in her eyes die.
"Can't you try and explain?" I ask.

She shoots up, sitting upright. "You don't get it!" She half shouts.
I sit up as well, looking at her with immense confusion.
"I'm so confused! I don't understand it all! I have no idea why my brother and sister are doing this, or if they even are doing something." She breaks, losing control of all the pent up feelings or betrayal, anger, sadness and confusion.

I took her into my arms, she held onto me, clutching onto me with all the last hope she had.

"I'm here, I'm always here. I'm never going to leave you. You don't have to hide your feelings from me, don't keep it all caged up, please." I kiss the top of her head, trying my hardest to comfort her. "Why haven't you spoken to me about this? You could've told me that you didn't know how you felt, that you're confused and scared."

She snuffles against my chest, "I don't know why I didn't tell you."

I don't like seeing her like this, it pains me. "It's alright, I've got you." I hug her tighter.
"No, it's not alright, nothings alright," she cries, "nothing at all".
"We don't know the whole story yet, love. It could've been an act to help you, don't you think you should ask them both, in private, one on one. Then, if they both tell the same story, you know it's the truth." I say.

I have a wide amount of knowledge on this, I've had to know, this method always works. If you give them no warning, no time to orchestrate a story, that means there is no possible way that they will come up with the exact same lie, detailed and all.

"Yes," she sniffled. "Yes, that's true."
———— 
Word count: 668