Chapter 48 - But You're...

⚠️TW⚠️
Lots of swearing
Trauma
Mention of death
Mention of murder
Anger
Dear
Panic
Abuse
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
I'm standing in front of a closed door. Behind the door are my parents, the two fuckers I hate most in this unjustifiable, warped and dishonorable version of reality we live in.
Once I turn the handle, step into the room, I can't turn back, I have to face them - confront them.

Here goes nothing.

I touch the cold door handle, it sends a shivering agitation in my arm. Ice touches my bare skin, freezes my hands, till they are completely numb, then makes its way onto my arms. Taking control.

Anyway, the coldness of a door handle shouldn't be what I'm thinking about right now.
I turn the handle and walk in.

Sure enough, I see my mother and father.
How wonderful. Fucking assholes.

They both look pissed, feral, so full of unnecessary rage.
Calm the fuck down!

"Juliette." My father simply says. He nods his head, a single time, towards me.
"What do you want?" I ask, I can not be bothered with their shit, I'm weak, tiered, in pain and feeling really sick. I'm still recovering from Sebastian's 'drug saga'. This isn't going to be easy, to contain the rage, emotion. I just hope Sebastian is asleep so he won't be able to control how I feel, I'm whatever sick, twisted way he manages to do so.

"Juliette Ferras!" My mother demands, "you get your ass here right now!"
"What?" My voice confused, but laced with boredom.
"You better get here and explain how you could be so stupid! So reckless, down right idiotic!" Father shouts. Oh how I haven't missed his shouting, his screams that are full of demand.
"What do you mean? What has J done that got you all..." Kenji tries to search for the word he needs to use. "Wound up?"

Oh god, Kenji!

"Excuse me, but who are you?" My mother asked, a very defensive, Kenji.
"I am Kenji Kishimoto." He is full of confidence, it's not going to end well for him.
"And why exactly are you here? In fact, why is anyone, apart from my daughter, in here?" Mother becomes suddenly aware that we have company. "Are these your 'bodyguards', Juliette?"
I laugh, roll my eyes. "No," I can't help but laugh again, "these are my friends".
"Friends," my mother says like it's something from a SiFi film. "You have friends?"
"Yes," I snap, "I do, and they've done so much more than you ever have for me".
My mother puts her hand over her mouth, crying, it is clearly the most dramatic and fake sob I've ever heard.
"You shouldn't dare to speak to us like that, Juliette!" My father hisses, his eyes wide with anger. "You monster, you've made your mother cry again."
"Excuse me but why do you think you have authority to speak to your own daughter like that?!" I can feel the venom in Aaron's voice.

"You all aught to get out of this room, this isn't going to be pleasant and if you wish that your soldiers and their family's keep their lives, then I suggest that you do so now." Father said.

"No way, we aren't leaving Juliette alone with you!" Aaron boomed. He is clearly about to lose his self control.
"They all stay." I speak, my throat raspy and dry, it makes me wonder how I sound right now - if my voice is crackling or if I'm wheezing.
"Who even are they?" Mother asks.
"I already told you, my friends." I breathe. "Kenji, Castle, Adam and Aaron."
"Alright, thank you. Now we are getting somewhere. Was that so hard? Huh?"

I roll my eyes and sit down in front of them on the big meeting table. Aaron sitting down next to me and Kenji, Castle and Adam sit scattered around the table.

"So," my mother breathed, not even caring that she was literally 'sobbing' a few seconds ago. Lying bitch. "You and this fella seem to be the closest." Hurst points an accusing finger at Aaron.
"Yes. So what?" I say, if I tell them about us they won't like it, and god knows what they'll do.
"I would like to know if you," she looks at Aaron, "have some sort of romantic relationship with my daughter".
Aaron freezes. Looks to me for an answer.
"Mum, leave him alone." I grab Aaron's hand under the table.
"I'll take that as a yes," my mother huffed.
"What does it matter to you?" Kenji asked them. This man is going to get his head chopped off if he carries on. "I don't see how that's got anything to do with you!"
"Maybe the fact that she is our daughter makes it something to do with us!" Father shouted.
"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" I yell. I can't deal with this, I feel shit as it is. "I do not wish to ever see your faces ever again after this 'meeting' is over." I growl, "do you understand me? Do I make myself clear?"

"Juliette, you have to tell us how and why you think it's acceptable to break out of an asylum, then try and take over the world?" My father asked me. "When I heard about it I didn't believe it. I didn't, I thought they'd gone insane, just like you."
I feel Aaron's hand tighten around my hand, squeezing it. "I'll think you'll find that Juliette, your daughter, is a hero."

I suppress a smile, I know Aaron's always got my back, no matter what.

"And you are... Castle, Aaron or Adam?" Father gives Aaron a deadly look, he doesn't even flinch.
"Aaron." He says with a stern tone. "Aaron Warner."

My mother and father look at each other, terror filling their eyes. I see Aaron smirk, he can not only see their fear but sense it as well. This time I can stop myself, I let out a small laugh.
"So you're Anderson's son?" Mother questions.
"Yes," he sighed, "unfortunately".
"Well, shouldn't you despise her?" My father asked him. "She killed your father."

Aaron laughs a mocking laugh. "Well, I don't think you understand what me and my fathers relationship was like in the slightest. I despised that man."

Both of them look shocked, confused. "I'm sorry what?"
"I was the one that helped her kill him." Aaron laughed.
"Why?"
"Because he was the definition of evil. A waste of space."
Father laughs once, it's a confused breathily laugh. "For her?"

Aaron bolts up, standing on his two feet. "Don't you dare speak about her like that!"

Father follows his movements. "You think she's worth your time?"

I know that made Aaron's blood boil.

Oh shit!
————
Word count: 1124