Chapter 82 - Choice

⚠️TW⚠️
Threat
Mention/threat of murder
Mention of war
Injury detail
Trauma
Insomnia
Anxiety
————
AARON'S POV:
It's the next morning now. Last night was very unproductive, we aren't any further to figuring out exactly what Ian was sent to do, or why he was at Omega Point before even Juliette was.

I'm worried about her, she's currently asleep next to me, it's good to see her asleep, she doesn't do it often.
I had just woken up, so I don't know how long she's been asleep for, but when I woke, she was already snoozing.

Whenever she's not in my eye-line, in my sights, I can't stop imagining all the horrors that could happen to her. I've never felt this sheer painful weariness and paranoid before.
I think what scares me the most is the fact that I have no idea what Ian was planning to do, or even if he did do it. For all we know he could've completed his task the first time he met Juliette, but stuck around to watch her downfall. To laugh at her when she thought she was succeeding.

Evil bastard.

Every so often I have to follow her rising chest, making sure she's breathing and is breathing regularly and in a good rhythm.
He could have poisoned her, injected a special type of syrup that slow and painfully would kill her, I don't know. I just want her to be safe, happy and healthy. I would give anything to make all her worries and troubles go away - absolutely anything - I hope she knows that.

I feel her shuffle slightly, indicating that she's waking up, I put on my brave face, not showing her that I'm petrified, but that I'm hopeful and that I think everything will be okay - that's what she needs right now, not me breaking down, that'd only worry her more.

"Morning, Aaron". She mumbled, smiling up at me.
"Good morning sweetheart, did you get a good rest?" I ask her, smiling back at her, showing her my dimples in which she adores.
"Yes thank you, did you?"
I nod, kissing her forehead. "I slept wonderfully, my love."

She yawns and nuzzles her head into the crook of my neck, cuddling up to my figure.

"How long do you reckon you slept for?" I ask.
She looks over at the alarm clock and checks the time, "oh erm, about... five hours".
I frown slightly. "Why don't you get some more sleep, darling?"
She hums in agreement, I can sense her pure exhaustion.

It only took her a few seconds to fall back into a deep slumber. I chuckled and slowly slipped out from under the covers and I lay her down on her pillow, making sure not to wake her.

I walk into the bathroom, turning on the shower, then waiting for it to heat up.
Once the temperature is to my liking, I undress and then step in.
I wash my body and my hair, with a strawberry and lemon scented soap and shampoo, it smelt divine. I've never used this scent before, I should definitely add this to my collection of products I use regularly. It smelt amazing, like a lollipop had been blended up with fresh fruits.

After showering, I get out and grab a town, quickly drying my hair, then my upper torso, before finally wrapping the cloth around my waist.

I step out of the bathroom and walk to the closet, getting dressed and doing my hair.

I wore a white, long sleeved shirt with some black trousers. I decided that today I wasn't going to wear a tie or a blazer. There is simply too much on my mind for me to care - and that is very unlike me, my fashion is usually one of my priorities.

I walk back out the closet and into the bedroom, seeing a still sleeping Juliette sprawled across the mattress. I chuckle slightly and head into my office, which is connected to our room.

I sit at my desk, picking up some files that I need to look through, before a letter catches my eyes and sticks out to me.
It's a letter from Alexander Petit. (A/N): (Alexander is Sebastian's father, just in case you didn't remember, he hasn't been mentioned in a while.)

When we captured Alexander we were on our way to go and get Juliette, so - at the time - he wasn't our main concern, so Kenji just sort of locked him up in the basement, not knowing that Alexander had stolen keys from the maintenance room. He had access to every room in the sector which was a bedroom, or someone's office. As far as we're aware, he still has this set of keys, but I haven't told Juliette that - that'd only scare her more.

I opened the letter and read the paper inside.
———

Dear Mr Warner,

We here at The RARE's base, though we should allow you a chance to step down, a chance that might just save your precious little girlfriend's life.

As a revelation, we don't care for your mistress. We think that she deserves death, and that's what she shall get if you don't force her to step down as The Supreme Commander Of  Sector 45.

You and your silly little friends probably think you've won, that you've taken her back twice and that we'll never get ahold of her again - but you're wrong.

I can assure you that if you don't stop Miss Ferras' self proclaimed leadership, those two time that you saved her will seem like child's play. We won't hesitate to kill her this time, we learned our lesson from doing that.
So please, do think it over, but don't take too long, if you do we'll kill her anyway. You have been given a week to mole over your decision.

Oh and p.s, if you tell your little girlfriend about this, she dies.

From,
Alexander Petit.

———
Well, this whole situation just got a whole lot worse. I would give my life to protect Juliette, I'd give up absolutely everything, so how can I lie to her? If her role on base is going to kill her, I need to ensure her safety, but her quitting as commander, that's something I know Juliette would never do.

I need a second opinion on this, the letter only said that I can't tell Juliette, he said nothing about Kenji.
————
Word count: 1118

(A/N): (I just want to thank you guys for over 100 votes! That's crazy! Thank you all so so so so so much.)

(This story is also now on over 3.5k read, that's mind blowing! I'm so glad you guys like this story.)