Chapter 8 - Illusions

⚠️TW⚠️
Kidnapping
Violence
Injury detail (mild)
Threatening
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
I wake up to a ringing sound, I look around and see I'm in some sort of cell, not like my one at the asylum, this one is more clean and the walls aren't stone, instead they're brick. I still hear the ringing when I spot an old phone. I walk over and see that the phone is coloured cream and is plugged into the one singular plug socket in the whole room, it's the same phone that was in my front-room when I lived with my parents. It's the type of old phone that has the spinning wheel dial, the actual phone sat on top of the y's that held it above the box-like machine that the dial is on. The phone stops for a second then starts ringing again. I picked it up.

"H-hello" I mumble. I hear someone breathing down the phone line, "look who finally woke up. We have no time to waste." and with that the phone cuts out. I just stood there confused for a minute. I think 'is this some sort of wind up'. As I put the phone back to where it belongs the door to the room opens and I just stand and stare at it. I refuse to walk through that door - it's obviously some kind of trap.

The phone rings again after about a minute of me just standing there. I picked it up. "Would you stop being so dramatic and just walk out the door" and with that the phone goes to dial tone.

Hesitantly, I walk through the door and it slams shut behind me. I'm now in a room with white padded walls and a metal floor, I've never seen a floor made out of metal. I know what this room is, this is a simulation chamber, I don't think Sebastien knows I know this though. I know it's Sebastien who's behind this, the voice on the phone was clearly him just autotuned to make it deeper, I'm not stupid. I walk to the centre of the room as the same voice comes through a set of speakers. "Why don't we see what you, Miss Ferras, can really do" with that the room transforms into a war field, dead bodies everywhere. I see a familiar face laying out cold, on the floor, Aaron. Next to him lies Kenji, Castle, James, Adam, Alia, Winston, Brendon.

It's not real 

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

I say to myself over and over again, all of a sudden I see a load of soldiers running towards me firing their guns at me. The bullets fly past my head, torso, legs and arms. I run forward and take the first soldier and grab him around the neck letting my grip do its thing. Then, when he drops to the floor, I go to the next one and he tries to knock me out with his gun, I punch his forearm away (thanks Aaron) then take advantage of the 'shock factor' and I knock him out with my fist. Now for the third, I see this one is taller and more muscly than the others so I grab a handful of some sandy type of dust - that was on the ground - and I blow it from my palm and into his face, he coughs and I grab a large rock and launch it at his forehead, it hits square in the middle and he falls to the floor with a thud. Then I walk to the last one, number four, he swings for my temple - which I block with no struggle - I then swipe his legs and he falls over and I plunge my foot into his stomach as he groans in extraordinary pain. "How was that? Was that good enough for you Sebastien?" I mock him for trying to disguise himself. "Okay well onto the next scenario." I could hear the smug, cocky grin on his face as he spoke.

All of a sudden the rooms filled with five Andersons

It's not real 

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

It's not real

I tell myself again. I'm on the edge of breaking. One of them comes running at me and I'm stunned but I still swing a punch to his face, it hits but not as-well as it could've been. I'm unimpressed with myself, disappointed. I turn around and another is charging at me, I punch him to put him in a slight daze before knocking him out - I grab his gun whilst he's out of it - I bring the pistol to his face and smash it against his face right cheek, he's now unconscious. Another tries to tackle me to the floor, I jump out of the way milliseconds before he can hit my body. I walked to him and slammed him into the ground, I hit him in the head, the same as the other, he's unconscious as well. Three down - two to go. I see one of them shoot at me but I simply catch the bullet and squeeze it into a flat object. I pick up two rocks and walk to him, I bash his jaw with one and then his temple with the other, good night Anderson four! Now for number five the last one, he smirks at me and I just put my middle finger up at him - I simply grab one of the Anderson guns and shoot him in his legs - one in the right, one in the left - and he's down. I walk to him and step on his face, now all the Andersons are laying on the ground unconscious.

"Very good Miss Ferras, I'm impressed. There is a door to your left, please walk through." Sebastian's voice boomed through the speakers.

As I walk through the steel door and enter a room that is not a simulation chamber. It's a dark room with grey stone walls and matching floors, there's a massive garage like door on the opposite end of the room, this is strange.

"Welcome Miss Ferras, this is where shit starts to get real" the speakers boom out. "Those illusions you had power over, you unfortunately aren't indestructible, yes you could withhold a bullet wound but... let's just say not anymore" he chuckles. "What do you mean not anymore?" I shout looking into a visible camera. "Oh you see this is where it gets fun, that needle I put in your neck, that's disabled all your powers, well I thought. You see back there when you shoved one of the holograms into the ground, it seems you still have some of your unmatched strength - but I'll sort that out later. As for the bullet you caught, that was an illusion - a bullet is now to you what it is to everyone else, deadly!" I couldn't believe what I had just heard. How is it possible to disable my powers, that is impossible, right? Right...

"Miss Ferras, for your next task that large door over there will open, there will be three gunmen, I want to see how you hold up in real situations. I know you knew that was a simulation chamber, so obviously you thought" it's official this man is a psychopath.

————
Word count: 1242