Chapter 70 - Interrupted Interrogation

⚠️TW⚠️
War
Battle
Description of injury/injury detail
Death
Blood
Trauma/PTSD
Passing out
Killings
Attempted murder
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
Now it's Annie's turn.
I look at her, my eyes showing all I am feeling, worry and unconditional fear. No one will ever have any idea of the sheer amount of sorrow I feel at this moment. I'm petrified.

"So, what happened?" I ask her.

"Well basically," she began. "Me and Leo-" she was cut off by the invasion alarm blaring.
Me and Aaron look at each other, acknowledging what we had to do, get to the battlefield and fight to protect our sector and the residents within it.

"Annie, go to one of the attack shelters, Leo's outside the door, take him with you." I shout over the loud ringing in all of our ears.
She nods and rushes out the room, leaving only me and Aaron.

"Love, what's the plan?" He asked.
"We do what we normally do, fight." I say, standing up.
Aaron grabs my hand and pulls me into his chest, his eyes filled with fear and apprehension. "Juliette, love" he said, "maybe you should go to the shelter with your siblings, it's you they want, if it is who we think it is. You also haven't been yourself lately and if anything were to happen to you or, god forbid, I lose you, I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself."
I step onto my tip-toes and peck his lips. "No matter what you say, I'm coming." I grab his hand, then turn around and drag us both down the hallways and to our troops who are already fighting with Sebastian's soldiers.

After getting into the appropriate gear (armor with gun holders and thick, black, heavy boots), we join in the commotion.
———
(In battle)
I see bullets fly over my head and around me, puncturing through the skin and flesh of other soldiers.

The sight made me come to terms with reality, it's not like I'm immune to bullets anymore, that drug Sebastian gave me, back when he first held me captive, the effects of it - being that a bullet could kill me just as easily as anyone else - those effects were still there. In the RARE base, they did tests on me, seeing how the drugs affected me and so on, they came back with results that showed the drug he gave me was a successful treatment, like a flu jab or a vaccine. The weird thing is, it only cancels out my immunity against bullets, none of my other powers.

I see a man come charging at me and I use my strength to hull the man over my shoulder and sending his flying over my shoulder, three, then four, then five men close in on me and I simply slam my fist into the crowns, causing it to shake and making the men lose their balance, giving me the perfect opportunity to put a bullet into each and every one of their heads.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

On the floor lay the dead bodies of the attackers against me. I hop over the corpses and rush further into the rubble.

An older looking man comes for me with a knife in his hands, he slashes at me and I quickly jump out the way, not soon enough though, his blade sliced through my stomach, not enough to leave permanent damage, but enough for it to bleed.
I rest a hand over my new wound and pull back out my gun, shooting him through his chest. He drops to the floor, out cold.

I shoot two men to try and choke me with a rope and then use my strength again to push five men away from me, causing them to fly across the grounds.

Next a very old man shot at me and the bullet hit me in my left hip, causing me to gasp in pain, remembering the time Anderson shot me in the chest. The man laughs and shoots again, this time he hits me in my left knee, because of his age, his hands wouldn't stop shaking - causing him to miss his shots.
I activate my lethal touch and run over to him, laying my hands on his face, causing him to fumble and scream in pain. After a few more seconds he falls to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

I realise the amount of blood I'm losing and I look to see my wounds, whenever I've been in battle before I've come out of them without a scratch, this time, it's going to be a whole lot different.
I run with a slight limp away from the commotion a bit as I want to find something to put pressure on my wounds, I'm also so tired from using my powers full on without a break. I waddle over to a building and get inside, asking in a little, the structure helping hold me up as I run my hand across it, then sliding down the wall.

My vision became unclear and the world span before me, that's the last I remember before I was overcome but complete darkness.
————
AARON'S POV:
After all the RARE's have either fled the scene or been killed, I notice Juliette is nowhere to be seen. Shit.
"Kenji! Adam! Castle!" I almost scream, all three turn and look at me worriedly. "It's Juliette, I can't see her, where's she gone? Who saw her last?" I panic, my breath becoming irrational.
"Alright, calm down, man." Kenji said. "We'll find her, I'm sure she's fine."

I don't have a good feeling about this at all.
————
Word count: 945