Chapter 78 - Bang

⚠️TW⚠️
Memory loss due to head trauma
Betrayal
Panic
Injury Details
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
It's been a week since I got home from the hospital. I've been feeling a lot better. I still don't have my memories but I think they're close to coming back, well , I hope.

Me, Aaron, Kenji, Castle, Adam, Brendon, Winston, Alia, Ian and Lilly, are all in Aaron's training quarters. As a group, we know that an attack is imminent and coming soon, the RARE's will take advantage of my current state, or so I'm told.
I don't actually remember who all these people are. Who this Sebastian Petit is or his father, Alexander Petit. I guess I've just got to go along with the plan, I trust Aaron, and if he says something or someone isn't safe, I will go to all lengths to keep away from that person or thing.

"Again!" Aaron shouts at Ian, they're working on their attacking skills.
Ian goes to punch Aaron in the face, but Aaron catches his fist and turns it so much that Ian flips over their arm and falls to the ground, on his back.

Bang
"You can't play hard to get." Kenji says, "I can't even touch you, that takes hard to get to a whole new level, if you know what I mean".

What just happened?

Aaron blocks another attack from Ian, this time swiping his legs with his own feet, making Ian, once again, fall to the floor.

Bang
"Why do you call her love?" James asks Warner. "I hear you calling her that a lot. Are you in love with her?" He says. "I think Adam's in love with her, Kenji's not in love with her though, I already asked him."

"Wait!" I shout, gaining everyone's attention. "Aaron, tackle Ian to the floor again."

Aaron, no doubt, sensing my seriousness and determination, throws a punch and it knocks Ian off his feet and onto the floor.

Bang
"And pull yourself together, you can't fall apart on me now." I say.
"Oh hi, I'm looking for my friend, about this tall, small, talks about her feelings and cries a lot, have you seen her?" Kenji says.
"Shut up Kenji." I roll my eyes.
"Oh, you are her!"

"What the fuck-" I breathe.
"Juliette, love, what's going on." Aaron asked me, clearly terrified.

I walk up to the mats that they're both standing on, the mats everyone is surrounding, watching.
I pat Aaron's shoulder and throw my eyes to the side, asking him to let me have a whack at Ian. If what I suspect is right, he'll be getting more than just a whack.

"You," I say, looking Ian dead in the eyes. "You did this."
Ian smirked, rolled his eyes. "Worked it out, did ya'?"
He shakes his head, nestling exploding with frustration. I scoff, "really, it was you? All this time and it was you?" I almost laugh at my own stupidity.

"What's going on?" Kenji asked.
I send him a glare, one that was not intended for him.
"Woah, calm down princess." He holds his hands up in surrender.

Aaron walks closer to me, resting a hand on my shoulder, "love, what's going on? Let us help you."

I turn back to Ian, he's gone.

"Fuck!" I cuss. "Shit- where the fuck did he go?"
Everyone looks at me confused. "Who Ian?" Adam asked.
I nod.
"He left, went into the elevator." He answers.

"Oh shit! Oh shit, shit, shit!" I crouch down, putting my head in my hands.
"Love, what happened?" Aaron asked, seeming a little more impatient.
"Him," I begin, "he's the fucking spy. When you injured him, I regained a memory."

The whole room looks at me like I've gone mad.

"J, are you serious?" Kenji said, almost laughing.
"Yes! I'm being serious!" I say, sounding pissed off. "Are you saying you think I'm lying?"
"N-no..." he stammers. "It's just, J, we've all known Ian for years, it's just not like him."
I grit my teeth, clench my fists. "Fine, whatever you want to believe, you believe, but I'm right."
"He isn't on the RARE's side, Juliette." Castle butts in. "He just can't be."

"You have no idea what you're talking about!" A defensive Lilly shouts.
"I know pretty damn well what I'm talking about. I know he is the spy, whether you lot choose to believe me or not." I scoff.
"You're insane!" Lilly screams. "This is why you were locked in an asylum!"

I feel Aaron's rage turn into burning lividness. "Hey!" He booms. "Don't you DARE say that to my girlfriend!"

I hold Aaron's hand, asking him, without actually saying anything, to calm down and let me handle this.
He looks at me, making eye contact, and then whispers to me, "I believe you, love".
Those four words make me want to cry right about now.
"Thank you." I smile, whispering back to him. He nods and then I focus back onto Lilly and the others, the ones who think I'm bat shit crazy.

"Like it or not, I know what I saw, what I felt, I know it's him, and I'm going to get my memories back." I say in a stern and determined manner. "No matter what."
————
Word count: 878