Chapter 84 - Awesome

⚠️TW⚠️
Betrayal
Arguing
————
AARON'S POV:
I head back into Juliette and I's bedroom and see her sitting on the bed, reading a book.

"Where'd you go?" She asks, peeking up at me before focusing back on the words that lay upon the pages in her book.
"Oh, Delelui needed me." I lied.

I hate lying, especially to her - but I can't tell her about this, this is for her own safety and I'd do anything to ensure her safety... even lie to her.

"Oh, nice. What did he want?" She asks, completely unaware that I'm lying my ass off.
"Help with some of the soldiers."
She nods. "Oh, right yeah, wasn't there going to be some new recruits or something?"

...

"Erm, maybe, I don't know, it wasn't about new recruits." I say.

I know that id Juliette suspects I'm lying, she'd say something like that to try and catch me out. You see she'd say something like: there are new recruits, so I would lean on that story and then she could say, "I was lying, there's no new recruits, what're you up to?"
I know she would do this because she has before, when I went out shopping for her birthday present.

"Well, anyway, I'm hungry," she comes and kisses my cheek, "coming to get some food?" She opens the door and holds onto the frame.
"Yeah, of course, love." I smile.

Me and Juliette walk down to the food-hall and see the table that we normally sit at is almost empty. James, Kenji and Adam are the only ones out of our whole group that are sat there.

"Hey." Juliette smiles as we both sit down at the table.
"Hi!" A happy James smiles in response.
Adam looks up and then looks back down at his food, pissed off about something or another. To be honest I've lost track of if I've angered him or not.
"Hey J, hi Warner." Kenji said before taking a big mouthful of his food.

After we've all eaten our food we make our way to a meeting.

Once we're inside the conference room we're greeted by Castle, Annie, Leo, Brendon, Winston, Alia, Lilly, Sonya and Sara. So Juliette, Kenji, Adam and I walk in and take our seats.

"Hello." Castle stands, he normally conducts these meetings, I don't know why, if anything it should be me or Juliette doing it but Castle insists on it.

There's an awkwardness in the room, as well as tension and discomfort.
Everyone in this room directly glares at Juliette, other than me and maybe Kenji - Kenji doesn't seem pissed off at Juliette, he doesn't seem like he even remembers what happened with Ian.

Castle clears his throat. "Erm... anyway, I think it's best to start off with a reminder that sometimes people make mistakes and we should forgive them for said mistakes."
All of a sudden Juliette slams her hands onto the table, standing up with pure rage in her eyes. "Mistake! You think I've made a mistake?!" She shouts. "I think that you've all made a mistake in trusting him and then another mistake in believing a man who is clearly not innocent over me!"

Shit's about to go down!

Lilly stands up, filled with anger. "How can we trust someone who can kill people with one touch?!"

That's when I get involved.
"Don't you DARE say that!" My voice boomed over everyone else bickering chatter. "You are all fools, when Juliette and I prove to you all that she's right about this you'll all run around begging for her forgiveness!"

Over all the shouting I hadn't noticed that Juliette had fled the room.

"Yeah! Don't talk about my little sister like that!" Leo joins in.
"She hasn't done anything wrong!" Annie said.
"You, girl," Leo points at Lilly, "you should be ashamed of yourself for being such a fucking bastard!"

After that the argument only got more heated...
———
JULIETTE'S POV:
Once I've gotten out of that room, I run back to Aaron and I's room, shutting and locking the door behind me.

I hadn't ever though that these group of people would turn on me, but it seems that within two days one of them has turned out to be a fucking spy for a group of rebels that wasn't to kill me, and the others are sticking up for him. I know that technically there's no proof and, to be honest, it does seem - from their perspective - quite far-fetched, but I know I'm right about this.

I hear someone knock on the door, I ignore it.

Knock knock

I groan and lay sideways on the bed, one ear against my pillow and the other my hand is covering.

Knock knock

Ugh.
Reluctantly I walk to the door and open it slightly, I see Kenji standing there, looking in at me.

"Hey princess." He smiled. "Wanna talk about it?"
I nod, letting a few tears slip.

I fully open the door and Kenji and I walk into the room, Kenji sits at the bottom of the bed and I sit up, under the covers and back against the headboard, on my side of the bed.

"So, spill." He said. "What evidence have you got so far? Because I have some."
I gasp, "I'm sorry what? Do you have proof?"
"Yeah, I've suspected Ian for a while now, I just couldn't say anything in front of everyone because, if Ian comes back, they might tell him that I, out of all people, think he's a traitor."
I laugh, "I like your thinking".
He chuckles, "I can be smart when I want to be".

I explain all the evidence and proof me and Aaron have collected so far.

"So you hacked into my messages and my email?" Kenji asked.

...

"Awesome!" He beamed.
————
Word count:  916