Chapter 74 - Knocking

⚠️TW⚠️
Sickness/illness
Hospitals
Talk of vomiting
Insomnia
Not eating due to illness
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
It's the next morning, I haven't slept a wink. I'm so exhausted, but I'm too preoccupied to sleep. I'm scared about what's happening to me, I'm afraid of the MRI and my head hurts so badly.
Aaron is asleep on the couch in the hospital room, he has been awake with me pretty much all night. He was going to stay awake with me, he did try, but he fell asleep while we were playing uno, about two hours ago.

It's eight in the morning, the doctor, who told us her name - Cathy, said that she would be coming to see me at around half past eight, to see if I'm okay. She says we will discuss the MRI then. I still have no idea when the MRI may be, maybe that's what she wanted to talk to me about.

Someone knocks at the door and I try to stand up, to open the door, but that fails. I fell onto the floor with a thud, waking up Aaron in the process.

"Love!" He calls, rushing over to me and lifting me back into bed. "What do you need? I'll get it."
I kiss him quickly, I love him so much. "There was a knock at the door."
He nods then walks to the door.

"Hello." Spoke to a man who looked to be about ten years older than me and Aaron, well nine years older than me - ten years older than Aaron. "I'm doctor Andrew, I'm here to get your breakfast orders." He smiled, handing Aaron, who opened the door, a menu.
"Thank you." Aaron said, reading through the list.
"I'll come back in five minutes to get your orders," he smiled, then turned away.

Aaron shut the door, walking over to me. I slip myself forwards, in the small, single bed, making room for Aaron behind me, as I sit in between his legs, his arms wrapped around my waist holding the menu in front of me, him reading it from over my shoulder - his chin rested on said shoulder. I kissed my neck quickly and softly.

"See anything you'd like?" He asks, quiet and sleepily.
"I can't eat anything, my head is pounding and my stomach isn't sitting right because of all the stress, nerves and confusion. My vision is blurry so that's making me feel sick as well." I groan, leaning my head back so the back of it is laying on his collarbone.
"Darling, you really should try to eat something." He says.
I shake my head. "I can't. Even the idea of it makes me want to vomit." I say, feeling sick like I described.
"Is there anything I can do?" He asks, sounding helpless.
"Just hold me close." I smile, breathing in the scent of his cologne and body wash, they mash perfectly together - well, I mean, of course they do, it's Aaron we're talking about.
"I'm perfectly fine with that." He smiles too, enjoying the alone time we have.

Under better circumstances this might actually be relaxing, someone bringing you food, making sure you're okay, Aaron and I alone with no one to bother us, we get to play card games all day, talk to each other in ways we can't when people are around. If I didn't have this headache, I'd say this was nice.

"This would be quite peaceful, if I didn't have a splitting headache." I sigh.
"It's nice to be alone with you, just us." He kissed my cheek.
I wanted to grasp this moment, tuck it in between the veins of my heart, but, of course, it has to be ruined, as someone knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." Aaron says, gently getting up and laying me back down, with so much care. "It's probably the breakfast boy."
I laugh, Aaron doesn't even remember his name... neither can I really, I think it was Andy or something... ANDREW, it was Andrew.

"Hey, are you ready to order?" Andrew asks, getting out a little notepad and pencil, like we are in a fucking restaurant.
"I'm just going to have an orange juice, if that's okay." I smile, Aaron though, dose not.
"Could we get some toast and tea, then a fruit bowl."
Andrew nods, writing it down, then leaves. Aaron shuts the door.

"You have to eat something, you didn't eat anything yesterday and you haven't today. That's not healthy."
I groan. "Please, Aaron, I can't." I beg.
"I'll tell you what," he said. "You eat your food, as much as you can, and then I'll see if I can get you some books to read."
I smile brightly. "Deal." I put my hand out and he shakes it, signifying our agreement.

The food came and I ate about 1/3 of the bowl, but drank all my orange juice. Aaron said that he will see if he can get someone to bring me some books, later today. I'm so excited. He said he'd get someone to bring me my journal.

I've written every detail about everything in there, maybe if I read it, some things might come back to me.

I really hope they do.
————
Word count: 877