Chapter 29 - Tap On The Shoulder

⚠️TW⚠️
Blood
Injury detail
Needles
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
Early evening drew in quickly, the sky still light but a tad dimmed. The sun lower in the sky starting to create an orange-like glow to swallow the horizon.

I walk out of my office, I've been I'm their all day. I look at the time on a clock on the hallway wall, it read 4:28pm.

Okay Juliette, you have enough time to meet with Castle before dinner, and then after that you can meet with Kenji and give him his duties while we're away. I thought to myself.
I don't need to do any more paperwork, which means I no longer have to sit in a stuffy office.

I stop in front of, one of the many, elevators. I push the button and watch the floor numbers rise as the elevator gets closer.

Floor 1
Floor 2
Floor 3

And then it reaches me, on floor 4.
I step inside and press floor 2, the floor Castle's office is on. Now I just have to wait for the price of machinery to take me to my destination.

I arrive at the office, the door has a label reading Mr Castle's office, how unique, I roll my eyes.
Knock knock
"Yes!" A recognisable voice calls, the voice is ever so clearly belonging to the owner of this room, Castle.
With him now knowing that I'm here, I enter, he looks at me and then shines a smile at me.
"Hello Miss Ferras, how can I be of help?"
"I have some things that need to be discussed about your temporary takeover." I take a seat on one of the two chairs opposite his dark brown, oak desk.
"Ah yes, I understand there is quite some work to be done with your job." He says as he sits behind his desk.
"Well the first of importance is the soldiers and the civilians." I give him a sheet of paper. "They need someone to look up to, in pretty much everything." He nods, I continue. "That paper I've given you, is a list of the civilians and soldiers of the sector who are either sick or injured or have some other form of medical condition that makes them vulnerable. And this," I hand him another paper slip, "this is a list of the soldiers who are in the same situation."
"Well, Miss Ferras, I must say you certainly have your head screwed on properly." He looks over the pages. "This is some excellent work. Work that most wouldn't think necessary." He looked at me, putting the papers on his desk. "I will be sure to continue with the care and help of these individuals."
"Thank you" I nod. "Now, for the soldiers' training sections and military duties, they have their own timetable of where they are meant to be, so continue using that method, but you may need to reinforce the importance of deadlines and being on time."
He chuckled, "typical".
"If they've misinterpreted the rules and regulations then it's up to you as of what to do with them, try not to dismiss any soldiers, if possible, if needed, though check with me first." I say. "I will keep in close contact with you, Deleui and Kenji to ensure you're all holding up. As for now, I think that's all I have to talk to you about." I stand up.
"Alright, Miss Ferras. I appreciate you taking the time to prepare me for this role. It is much appreciated." He stands as well and gives me a short and sweet hug.
"Right, I have other things to attend to, so I better be leaving you now."
"Of course. I'll speak with you soon." And with him saying that, I leave.

It's now 4:45. I have time before dinner, at 6:00, to speak with Kenji. So that's where I'm off to now. First I have to find him though. He's not like the others, he doesn't have an office, he said he didn't want one, he wonders, never stays in one place, which makes it terribly difficult to find him. But there's one thing that he always makes sure he's near, food. Whether it be the canteen or the kitchen or whatever he can find, he never differs too far from, what he calls, the love of his life, food.

I finally find him in one of the training rooms, more of a gym than a training room, only a couple doors from the canteen.

"Kenj!" I call, attempting to gain his attention, unfortunately failing. He has his headphones in probably listening to some shit music.
I roll my eyes and walk over to where he's running, on one of the running machines.
I tap his shoulder, scaring the shit out of him. He jumps at my touch and that causes him to lose balance and fall onto me, we both go tumbling to the ground.
"What the hell J!" He angrily says as he gets up and takes out his earphones, lending me a hand to help me up, I take it. Straight myself up.
"J" he gasps.
"Yeah?" I say and he runs and grabs a tissue and puts it just below my right temple. I take it from his hand and hold it there for a few seconds before removing it and seeing the tissue containing my blood. I must have hit my head when Kenji toppled onto me. I feel the tang of pain when I move my face muscles.
"Oh god, are you okay, J?" I nod to him. "I'm okay."
When I say this the door opens and Aaron walks in.
"Shit" I hear Kenji mutter.
"Hey, Delelui said he saw you come in here, love, I was just coming to see how-" he cuts himself off when he sees the injury on my head.
He comes rushing over to me and takes my face in his hands. "My love, how did this happen?"
"It doesn't matter." I know if i told him he would probably kill Kenji.
"Kishimoto!" He turns, rage filled, and looks at Kenji. "What did you do?"
"I didn't, I mean she-" Kenji stammered.
"I swear to you, Kishimoto, if you hurt her I will make sure you feel more than just pain!" He spat.
"No, Aaron, listen." I grab his arm. "Look at me." He does.
"He has his earphones in and I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and it scared him, he jumped and then fell off the running machine and into me. I must have hit my head when I hit the floor."
He only looks more angry as he strides across the room and stands a step or so away from Kenji. Eyes on fire, flames spitting raging ash.
"If you ever hurt my girlfriend again I will make sure to kill you with my own two hands, do you understand me?"
"I didn't mean to hurt her." Kenji looked at me, panicking.
I walk over and kiss Aaron on the cheek then hold his hand. "It's alright, I'm alright. He didn't mean to. He's just a baby who gets scared easily." Kenji rolled his eyes at the last but I said.
"If he ever hurts me on purpose you can rip his brains out, or whatever the fuck it is you want to do." I kiss his cheek. "Okay?"
"No! Why did you say he could rip my brains out!" Kenji shouts.
"Kenji! Not now!" I give him a glare.
"Right yeah, good point" he says once he sees Aaron's eyes burning into his skull.
Aaron gives him a last look, that could kill, and then kisses the other side of my head to my wound, he walks out the door then comes back with a medical kit.
"Sit down on the bench." He smiles at me.

I sit and he crouches in front of me. He puts the kit next to me and opens it and takes out an antiseptic wipe, when he brings it to my slashed skin it burns. I flinch away.
"I know, but if I don't wipe it it could get infected." I just nod to signal him to carry on.

Next he gets out some string and a needle. "No, no. What are you doing?" I looked at him, I'm shit scared right now.
"I have to put in a few stitches to close the cut, It's a deep cut." He threads the string through the bottom loop of the needle and tied the end twice to stop it from falling through.
"Ready?" He asks
I nod.
"It's alright, I'll be as quick as I can." He tries to comfort me with his smile, part of me calms and then when I see the needle in his hand all that calmness and tranquillity vanishes.
"Aaron..."
"It's okay, I've done this lots of times before. I know what I'm doing. I'm going to put some numbing cream on you so you won't feel it."
"O-okay" I breathed.

After he adds the cream onto the patch where my cut is located, he takes his left hand and softly grips the top right side of my head, and then the his right hand slowly lifts up and he starts to thread the needle into my soft skin.
He was right, I couldn't feel it, it only felt a little bit tingly.

He bites his lip in concentration, he's beautiful. Truly and utterly gorgeous.
He pulls some scissors out the medical box and cuts the end of the string and ties it at the loose end.

"Done" he squeezes my hand.
"Thank you." I smile.
"Do you still have work to do?"
"Yes" I sigh.
"Let me help you. I have finished for the day."
I nod and give him a quick kiss.

"Come on love, let's get to work."
————
Word count: 1654