Chapter 5 - Why

⚠️TW⚠️
Nightmares
Trauma
Insomnia
Panic attack
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
When me and Aaron get back to our room, well his room, I flop down onto the bed and snuggle into my pillow. "You alright sweetheart?" Aaron comes and sits on the bed next to my body laying in the center of the bed. "I'm just terrified, I always am after a flashback though, so I'll be okay." My lips try to form a smile and they do but it's not convincing. "Juliette, you know it's okay for you to not be okay, right?" He says my name with care. "I know, I don't want to be not okay, that's the problem." He sighs. "I don't think anyone wants to not be okay, but we are going to get you better, you and I will fight this together. I'm here and I'll always be here no matter what." He leans down and peaks my lips. "I'm going to give you a nice hot bath, okay?" I nod and give him a smile and mouth the words 'thank you'. My eyes close as I feel my mind lose its awakened state, I try to fight the sleep that was taking over. My eyes refuse to open as I hear the water running from the bathroom. I hold my eyes open as I refuse to let the drowsiness win.

"Sweetheart, go to sleep." Aaron whispers as he lifts me up and tucks me under the covers and then moves around the bed and sits next to where I'm laying, he strokes my eyebrow making me feel safer. "I don't want to go to sleep" I mumble. "Shh, I'm here, you're okay" he kisses the top of my head. When he lays down next to me he pulls me into his chest. I fall asleep warm and as content as I can be in his arms.

~~~~~~

AARON'S POV:

She finally fell asleep. I listen as her breathing pattern turns softer and I hear her, barely hearable, snores. She's so beautiful. I kiss her head and pull her closer, I don't sleep though, because I know when she wakes up she'll need me.

I hear a gentle knock at the door and I whisper out a "yes?" The door opens and Kenji and Castle come in, quietly, Castle shuts the door behind them. I don't move, I still lay there with her buried deep into my chest. "What's up?" I whisper. "The supreme commander of France has sent us a letter saying he will be here tomorrow around mid-day" Kenji says quietly. "What, why?" I whispered, very confused. "He didn't say" Castle chimes in. "Ugh" I groaned out of annoyance. "He can't do that, can he? He can't just turn up." Kenji adds. "Actually he can, it's one of the rules in the reestablishment - anyone can turn up along as they give notice" I say to the two men standing in front of the bed. They look annoyed and also surprised. "We need Juliette to plan and discuss what we say to him and how to go about his visit." Castle looks at Juliette still in arms. "No, she needs to sleep." I say all of a sudden turning very protected. "Mr Warner, I don't think you understand, this is a very important matter" he said back. "Castle, can't we just wait till she wakes up? '' Kenji looks at Juliette with a sympathetic look. "No, this isn't a matter that can wait, '' Castle responds. "There's no way I'm letting you wake her up, she needs to sleep." I kiss her head. "I understand - but this is very important. '' He says he isn't telling me about this traumatized girl who has barely slept in a month, and he's telling me to wake her up to discuss something that we all already know. We've been through this 'meeting' hundreds of times. "She already knows what to say and do, we've been over it millions of times" Kenji says like he read my mind. "We have to be prepared, '' he mutters.

~~~~~~

JULIETTE'S POV:

I'm in a field, running. I look behind me and see a dark mist following me, chasing me. I pick up speed and focus on the upcoming forest in front of me. I twist my way through the trees and keep going forward.

running

running

running

No matter how fast and how far I run this must still keep up with me, it finally catches me and I'm taken over by this darkness. I hear gunshots and screams. I sink to the floor and cover my ears and close my eyes, tucking myself into a ball. When I open my eyes I see a familiar cell. The same one I spent all those days trapped in begging to be let out. I bang on the walls and scream to be let free.

I'm screaming.

I'm screaming.

I'm screaming.

I'm screaming.

~~~~~~

AARON'S POV:

As I'm about to lose my control over my anger, Juliette starts shaking and slightly crying in her sleep. Her cries become more frightened and scared. "Love, wake up. Wake up, it's not real" I slightly shake her. Her breathing picks up and she puts her hands over her ears. "Juliette, wake up my love" I shake her a little faster now despite attempting to wake her up. "Mmm'' she groans "Arron?" She whispers. "I'm here, you're okay" I kissed her head. "They put me back into the asylum. They wouldn't let me out, Aaron" she says finally opening her eyes. "Your not there anymore, you never have to go back there again" I softly whisper against her hair. She nods and sniffles. She buries her face into the crook of my neck.

" Juliette" Castle says, "I know what he's going to say. "Huh" she looks up to see Castle and Kenji standing there. "W-what's going on?" It breaks my heart to hear her worried voice. "It's okay Juliette" Kenji says, "I think he's on my side with this. "There's no need to worry, '' he says, trying to calm down his best friend. "The supreme commander of France is coming tomorrow" Castle says. "W-what" she stands up and looks Castle in his eyes. "W-why?" She asks. "I don't know, '' Castle plainly says. I can sense the fear she felt, so I stand up and pull her into my side. "I'm sure it's all going to be okay" I rub her back. "What time tomorrow?" she asks. "Supposedly mid-day, but I expect it'll be earlier than that when he arrives." I see her tense up. "I knew I shouldn't have gone to sleep, this is why I can never sleep, it's to risky." she says mostly to herself. "No sweetheart, you have to sleep." I kiss the top of her head. "Miss Ferras we need you to-"

Delelui comes running in looking very serious. "The supreme commander of France has arrived early and is demanding to speak to Miss Ferras" Juliette looks at him and then walks past him and out the room, when I step out the room, with everyone else, she's out of sight.

--------

Word count: 1187