Chapter 41 - Rocky Road

⚠️TW⚠️
Kidnapping
Trauma
Blood
Injury details
Hostage
Manipulation
Graphic violence
————
(⚠️A very dark chapter, so if you don't want to read about that then skip this chapter. Read only if your comfortable with a lot of blood and gore, kidnapping and death⚠️)
————
AARON'S POV:
I've been going through the USB stick files for the whole day now, it's nearly midnight. There really are no clues to where this base is, Alexander was smart, he didn't risk the possibility of someone finding the stick and then, like I am now, looking though it. I would, if I were him I would've done the same thing, have no traceable evidence.

Knock knock

The door to my bedroom bangs, I'm sitting on my bed looking at the laptop screen in front of me, my back started hurting from sitting at my desk for so long.

I stand up, hide the laptop under my pillow and stride to the door, opening it and being met with an expressionless, Deleui.

"Sir," his voice is monitione.
"We have searched the surrounding area of the sector but there seems to be no trace of anything. We also looked around the house for any footprints, fingerprints etc, but there was none to be found."
My heart sinks, a day, a whole day, she's been gone. There is no sign of her, anywhere. Those bastards are going to pay for what they're doing, for hurting her, torching her, making her suffer. She hasn't done anything to these people and yet they still target her.

"Order the search to expand to further grounds and make sure no stone goes unturned, no road unsearched. Do you understand me?" I demand, he nods and gives me a sympathetic nod before turning on his heel and marching off down the hallway, before suddenly stopping to turn back around.

"I forgot to add," he comes back over to where I'm standing in the doorway to my room. "Mr Alexander Petit came and said that you told him that I required his assistance sometime this morning, I was just wondering if I had forgotten something I needed to tell him. Either way, I told him that we needed help overlooking the soldiers' training so me and Mr Petit oversaw them for a few hours, until you paged me to tell me to send out the troops."
I nod at him, giving him my thanks. "I assumed that it was most likely some sort of destruction for him so I kept him at a distance from yourself."
"Much thanks to you Delelui." I give him an appreciative nod. "Thank you very much."
With that he is walking away, this time for good.

I shut the door and crash onto the bed, looking over at Juliette's pillow. I miss her so much. I  reach for the laptop, under my pillow, I pull out the USB and walk to put it in my desk drawer. Tomorrow morning I need to put his laptop back and place one of my unused USB sticks in the other one's place, inside the suitcase. I doubt he has noticed it's disappearance yet, he, according to what Deleui said, has had a long day, so I assume he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

I know I should get some sleep, or at least try to. I can't though, not when I know she's suffering, not while knowing she's scared and starving, dehydrated and hurt.
So for the whole of that night I sat in my bed, thinking over everything I saw on that USB, every word, every phrase. I search my own head for any indication of where they may be having her held, anything at all.
———
Someone is knocking at my door, I haven't slept a wink. It's currently seven thirty in the morning, I slowly lift myself from my bed and open the door, I see four men standing there. Delelui, Castle, Kenji and Adam.
"Jeez man, you look like absolute shit." Kishimoto says, of course he is the first one to mention my 'ruff' appearance.
"Please Kishimoto, not today."  I put my hands on my forehead, trying desperately to soothe my splitting headache.
"Did you get any sleep at all?"  He asks, this time his voice is sympathetic. "No" I simply answer him. I don't understand why they think I would sleep when she's in danger.