Chapter 81 - Thankful

⚠️TW⚠️
Mention of trauma
Mention Rumours
————
(A/N): (I think they're all the TW's if you guys think there's any others, just tell me and I'll add them to the TW list.)
————
AARON'S POV:
It's wonderful to see Juliette with her memories back, I don't even think she's noticed herself that they're back, but I can. Over the course of time that she's had parts of her memory missing, I could always sense a sort of confusion and shyness, that's all gone now.

Me and Juliette are walking to see if we can find her siblings. They know more about the RARE's and how they act, their strategies and planning techniques, than we do.
I don't quite trust them fully yet, but from what I could sense, I think they're telling us the truth, that they seriously only did what they did to protect their sister. I felt their truthfulness and their willingness to protect her.
I don't think Juliette even really cares about that whole situation anymore, I suppose why should she, they proved themselves innocent - well, not innocent but that they were only trying to do what was best.

I have no idea where they are, where we're supposed to be heading to or if Juliette knows, I'm just following her, letting her lead the way.

"Love." I say. "Where are we going?"
She looks at me briefly and then focuses back on the path ahead. "I messaged Annie and she said they'd meet us at the farm land."

We continue the route, me now knowing where we are going.
Soon enough we're at the farm lands and I can see Juliette's siblings, Leo and Annie.

"Hey, how are you, Jules?" Annie asks with a big smile on her face.
"I'm doing a lot better thank you." Juliette smiles back at her older sister.
Leo says, "that's wonderful".

Seeing Juliette with her family, her siblings, her brother and sister, it makes me smile. It makes me happy that she has a family who love and cherish her.

"Alright, so you wanted to ask us about the RARE's, right?" Annie questioned.
I nod and Juliette says, "yes".
"Ask away." Leo spoke.
"Well, I think we've found a spy on base who is working for them, what do you think the damages are that he's caused?" Juliette sounded scared. Rightly so, they've already taken her memories and controlled her mind and emotions.
"It depends how long he's been on base." Leo said.
"He was at Omega point even before Juliette was." I say.

Leo looks worried. "That's not good." He runs a stressed hand through his hair. "The leader of that old rebel group, Castle, isn't it, doesn't he do security checks and shit, I mean come on. It's a group who wanted to take down the thing that he was working for, all Castle had to do was look at the man's former employment and employer."

"Castle thinks that everyone deserves a second chance, he believes everyone, no matter how messed up, can change." I say, rolling my eyes at the utter stupidity of his way of thinking.

"Is he fucking serious?! That man led a fucking rebellion?!" Leo exclaimed.
"No, not really, Juliette led the rebellion." I say, smiling down at Juliette.
Juliette blushed and smiled back up at me.

"Aw, it's so cute!" Annie squealed.
"What is?" Leo asked her.
"Them, Warner and Juliette." She said, happily.
"Eh, I guess." Leo said reluctantly.

After about an hour of us talking and discussing in the middle of a fucking field, Juliette said, "I'm freezing. Why don't we head inside and carry on this conversation?"

Everyone agreed and we started heading towards the building, until I was stopped by Leo's grip on my arm. He's lucky I saw him coming, otherwise my reflexes may have taken over.

"Hey, could I speak to you, in private?" He asked.

Annie and Juliette looked at each other with a confused look.

"Erm, yeah... sure." I responded.

The two girls walk into the building and me and Leo are standing a few feet from the entrance.

"I just..." he hesitated, "I wanted to thank you".
That's not what I had expected.
He carried on, "thank you for looking after my sister. I do truly appreciate it. Thank you for keeping her safe and well, taking such good care of her."
I smile.
"I've never seen her as happy as she is whenever she's with you. I know I may have come across as an asshole when we met, but I only knew you as the bastard that used to run Sector 45, so I am sorry I judged you too soon."

I nod, showing him that I am thankful for his words. "I get it, no need to apologise, you wanted to protect her and, from what you'd heard, that's not something you thought I was capable of." I sigh. "And you have no need to thank me for protecting Juliette, I won't ever leave her, I'd never hurt her, never upset her on purpose. It has been and always will be an honor to call your sister my girlfriend, and some day, hopefully, my wife."

Leo pats my shoulder and smiles at me. "You're a good man, but if you hurt her, I'll rip your brains out and then burn your remains."
I chuckle, "don't worry, that'll never happen".
He chuckles as well, "I don't doubt that".

We both walk inside the building and walk to Juliette's office, which is where we agreed we'd meet.
————
Word count: 1035

(A/N): (I feel like I wrote Leo a bit cold and harsh, so I wanted to lighten his character up a bit, I wanted, originally, for Leo to be very angry at Warner because he thought he was a bad man, thought that all the rumours about him were true, but I don't want him to be like that anymore.)

(Also, with all the drama with the RARE's etc, I put an end to the sibling drama, because I was confusing myself with all the plot points, but if you guys would like the sibling drama to carry on, then just lest me know and I'll do it.)