Chapter 37 - Back To Base

⚠️TW⚠️
Kidnapping
Trauma
Blood
Injury details
Hostage
Manipulation
Death
Graphic violence
————
(⚠️A very dark chapter, so if you don't want to read about that then skip this chapter. Read only if your comfortable with a lot of blood and gore, kidnapping and death⚠️)
————
AARON'S POV:
I get out the car, walk into the place I've known for so many years. I walk through the doors, the smell of sweat and men hits my nose, I've never smelt it quite so strong, I assume it's because I was used to it.

"Warner?" A voice calls, a male voice, a voice I know all too well.
Kishimoto.
I keep walking, he catches up with me though, in a matter of seconds, he strides the same steps as me. Just what need I right now. I internally roll my eyes.

"Why are you back?" He jabbers, "where's J? Is she okay?"
I sigh, an angry sigh, "I'm back to see what all the commotion is about, Juliette is perfectly fine, she's at home".
"Home?" He said. "So you two are going to live there forever?"
"I don't see how that's your business." I pick up the pace, unfortunately, so does he.
"I want to know, if you don't tell me I will just write to J and ask." I despise this man.
"I don't know, it's definitely an option, I haven't spoken to Juliette about it yet because she's been... busy, so I'd appreciate it if you would keep your mouth shut about it, to everyone."
His mood changes from playful to sad, not sad as in painful sadness but like when you miss someone. "Oh."
"I don't know yet, like I said, I haven't even spoken with Juliette about it."
He just nods once.

Me and Kishimoto are outside Castle's office door, I know. For some reason Kishimoto isn't leaving. "Are you going to go?" I ask.
"Nope."

Castle opens the door and looks at me like I might be a ghost. "Mr Warner? Is everything okay?" He looks worried, I guess I should have expected that, just yesterday I told him Juliette was sick so me just magically turning up today would be worrying.
"Is it Miss Ferras?" He scans my face. "Is she alright?"
"Wait what? What happened?" Kenji suddenly changes his mood, he's scared.
"Juliette was unwell. She had, at a guess, the flu. A very strong case of it." I explained.
"Is she okay?" Kenji asks.
"She's a lot better today, she's still weak and pale. She insisted she was feeling better but I know she's still not feeling back to normal." I feel a sting, she is alone, feeling unwell, however little or major it may be.
"Oh, so why are you here?" Castle asked.
"I'm here because of the attacks." I claim. "Juliette wants to come and sort it all out, but she and I both know that this is the RARE's doing to bring her back to base then they can take her." I say stepping into the office, Kenji and Castle both stand in the office as well, I lock the door.
"They want me to bring her here so they can get to her and I won't let that happen. I came here to sort out these attacks and make sure that this place ensures safety for her."
Castle nods, "yes, that's what I thought". He tugs at his hair. "The RARE's I mean, not the fact Miss Ferras is still feeling unwell, tell her I say get well soon."
I nod.
"So what, they are attacking soldiers to lure J back to base?" Kenji asked, concern coating his face.
"Yes." Castle claps his hands together. "It does seem that way."

That's when it crosses my mind.

"They might have lured me here so they can take her from the house." My fists clench, face reddened in anger.
I rush out the office door, sprint down the halls and to my car. I don't even notice, till I'm driving, Kenji and Castle have gotten into the back seats.

I park right outside the gate, fumble to put the car in park and then take the keys out of the ignition, I jump out the car and sprint to the door. Castle and Kenji run right behind me, I unlock the door, run into the living room, office, office en-suite, kitchen, bathroom under the stairs. I rush up the stairs and check our room, I see something on the bed.

A letter, blood smeared on it. It read:

You thought you were so smart, so sneaky. You're not.
Oh Warner, you have been fooled.
I even managed to put some harmless poison on her toothbrush, I guess you could say that's why she was... unwell.
It's been fun watching you and your girlfriend be all in love but that's not what's happening now.
You aren't getting her back this time.
She will serve her uses and then I'll kill her.
Don't worry, she'll be tortured very well.

P.S the blood is from her cheek all the way down to her jaw, she screamed an awful lot, kept saying "Aaron!" It was so funny. Amusing. The side of  face was ripped open, dripping with red ink.
I cut deep enough so it will leave a scar.

Unkind regards,
your girlfriend's kidnapper and leader of the RARE's,
Sebastian Petit.

I feel sick to the core of my stomach. This can't be happening, I left, I left and let them take her. It's my fault, I'm responsible. She's gone, they've got her. He's got her. I have to find her. Get her out of whatever state he's put her in.

"J..." Kenji gasps, him and Castle read the note from my hands.
"My goodness," Castle looks dumbfounded.
I stare at the blood, her blood, he hurt her. Hurt her bad. Only a deep, long cut would produce that much blood.
"We don't have another second to waste, we have to start looking for her now." I'm infuriated, raged beyond belief.

I will find her, save her, bring her home. Nothing is going to stop me from wrapping my arms around her and keeping her safe and warm, I will see her again and it will be soon. She will be alright.

I will make that bitch pay for what he did.
————
Word count: 1058