Chapter 54 - Mystery Man

⚠️TW⚠️
Threat
Mention of war
Mention of abuse
Mention of death
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
Me and Aaron have just got back to our room after breakfast, we are meant to be planning how we are going to attack the RARE's, going over what needs to be done. But no, Aaron will not let this whole Adam situation go. He keeps asking what happened and why I was so 'shaken up'. So instead of preparing for battle we are sat, in Aaron's office, him behind his desk and me on one of the chairs on the other side of the table, debating whether or not I should tell him what happened.

"It doesn't matter, Aaron." I sigh. "It's not important right now."
He runs a hand through his hair, signifying stress. "It's important to me," he says. "I want to make sure you're okay. I want to know that he'll have the appropriate punishment for whatever it is he's done."
"Can we just focus on the war that's going to be starting in a matter of hours."
"I just need to know that you're okay." He says quietly, so quite is almost sounds like he whispers.
"I am okay, Aaron. He just said somethings that I'm sure he didn't mean, he was angry, angry and stressed."
He shakes his head. "Did you lay a finger on you?"

I stop, freeze. I don't know what to say, Adam did 'lay a finger on me', he slapped me. I know I can't lie to him, he'll be able to tell, you know the whole 'sensing emotions' thing.

"I'm alright." I settle with.
He sees right through me. "I swear-" he breaths, "I'm going to murder him".

The fire in his eyes show his unleashable rage. The flash of red colouring his cheeks show the heat from within. The furrow of his eyebrow and darkened shades in his eyes, that reveal his craving for revenge.

"Aaron, calm down." I walk over to him and swivel his office chair so he's facing towards me. Then I crouch in front of the seat, look him in the eyes then say; "now isn't the time for all this. We need to focus on the war, not Adam and his petty behaviour. We can deal with this afterwards." I told him.
"I'll try my hardest to restrain myself from hurting that rotting piece of roadkill." He grimaces.
"Thank you, Aaron." I smile at him then kiss him and stand up. "Are you ready to beat all these guys' asses?"
He laughs, "of course".
"Let's plan this shit then."

Aaron grabs me around my waist and pulls me close to his chest. "You know," he whispers against my shoulder, "we've been planning the attack a lot lately and I think an hour or so wouldn't go amiss, I know this perfect spot on the beach". I blush. I've never been to a beach before. "What do you say?"
"I say," I move my hands to his chest, "we deserve a break, we've been working so hard, after all".

He kisses me softly, so full of affection. I smile against his lips, enjoying the moment of pure blissful joy. I can't wait to see the sea, the ocean, I've never seen it before, I've never heard the waves crash or the feeling of sand against my feet.

Then, out of the corner of my eye I catch a glance of something.

"Aaron," I breathe. His lips never leaving mine. "Aaron," I called again.
"Yes, love?" He spoke with a questioning voice.
"What the fuck." Kenji says. He's standing, frozen, by the offices' door.

I step back from Aaron and he flops back down into his office chair. I walk over to Kenji.
"What is it Kenji?" I ask him, a hint of frustration in my voice.
He blinks, turns his head to face me, "I just came to give you your mail". I see a couple of letters that are enclosed in his hand.
"You could have knocked." Aaron's voice is loud and, clearly, showing he is pissed off.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to step in between you both getting laid." He throws the letters on the desk. "I wasn't expecting to come in and see you two about to shag."
"Kenji," I snapped. "Get out."
He laughs, "oh princess, have you forgotten that tomorrow we are going to war?"
I huff, "no I haven't forgotten, we just needed a break".
He mimics a gag. "I'm not so sure smashing each other can be called 'a break', but hey, what would I know."
"Nothing, you know nothing." Aaron says, he has a hand out reaching for a letter, reading the front of it, analysing the handwriting.
"Excuse me Mr Perfect, I'm sorry I've been focused on trying to survive tomorrow over doing the bang bang."
"Oh my gosh," I ran my hand down my face. "First of all, never say 'the bang bang' again, and secondly - fuck off."
Kenji makes a gasping sound, clutching his hand over his mouth. "I expected that type of disrespect from Mr Loud-Mouth over there, but you, J, I didn't think you'd be so blunt."
I roll my eyes.
"No but on a serious note," his eyes grew stern, "I don't think all of those letters are from humble and sincere places".
Aaron grunts in approval, "I would have to agree with Kishimoto".

I reach for one of the letters and read the front:

To Mr Warner-Anderson and Miss Ferras
Sector 45,
Military Base

Warner-Anderson, no one calls Aaron that, apart from his fathers closest friends. I rip open the letter and read it's contents.

Dearest Mr Warner-Anderson and Miss Ferras,
This letter is a warning. A warning that no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you'll always lose. You are merely just a twenty year old boy and a nineteen year old girl. You don't stand  a chance against your opponents, nor shall you ever.
From,
Mystery Man

I read and reread the words on the page, over and over. "Well I think we all know who 'Mystery Man' is."
"Sebastian" we all say in unison.
"Wouldn't he just sign it off with his name though?" I say, "why make up this persona? It's unnecessary."
Aaron nods and opens another one of the letters, reads it and then passes it to me so I can see it as well.

Dearest Mr Warner-Anderson and Miss Ferras
I cannot find the words to describe how utterly amazing I am with your stupidity. Your 'plans', they'll never work, so give up. Give up before you die trying.
From,
Mystery Man

"Someone clearly isn't in a good mood," Kenji said. "What an asshole!"
I nodded, agreeing with Kenji. He obviously has some sort of resentment towards me and Aaron, but what? This can't be Sebastian, I know how he uses words, I had to listen to him constantly during the time I was at his base. It's not him who's writing these letters, it's someone else. But who?
————
Word count: 1181