1

The day Ruan Mian moved to Pingjiangxi Lane with her mother happened to be the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympic Games, and the whole country was celebrating.

Every house in the alley has its doors open and its windows open. Songs and cheers from the TV are mixed together.

The figures in the house are shaking.

The moonlight penetrates from the antennas circling on the top and the gaps in the clothes hanging randomly in the houses upstairs. , illuminating this narrow world.

Mother Fang Ru Qing whispered what she had said many times before, "When you get to Uncle Zhao's house, remember to call someone and be sensible."

Ruan Mian walked behind with lowered eyes, looking at the traces of the suitcase's rollers running across the bluestone pavement, and responded calmly, "I know."

Fang Ru Qing heard the reluctance in her daughter's words, looked back at her, then turned back and continued walking forward, her five-centimetre-high stiletto heels accurately avoiding the potholes on the road. Her figure was slim and capable.

"I know you are still blaming me for divorcing your dad, but Mian Mian, running a marriage is not as simple as you think. There are some things you still don't understand."

Ruan Mian's father, Ruan Ming Ke, was engaged in scientific research. He and Fang Ru Qing were alumni of the same university, and they fell in love at first sight at the welcome party.

The two applied for marriage as soon as Fang Ru Qing graduated from university. Within two years, Ruan Mian was born, and the family of three lived a happy life for seven years.

Around the time of marriage fatigue, when Ruan Mian was eight years old, her parents began to frequently quarrel and have cold wars, and the house was always in a mess.

The quarrel never stopped.

Until three years ago, Ruan Ming Ke was transferred from Pingcheng due to work reasons.

Before leaving, he had an honest talk with Fang Ru Qing, and the couple had a brief period of relaxation.

But this relaxation period only lasted for half a year.

The nature of Ruan Ming Ke's job meant that he could not stay home all year round. The frequent quarrels in the past years had already exhausted the love between the couple. Now, coupled with the problems of time and distance, this marriage is in name only, and divorce is the final and best outcome for both of them.

At the end of October last year, the couple divorced peacefully.

The house and car belonged to Ruan Ming Ke, and Fang Ru Qing only had Ruan Mian's custody rights.

After the divorce, Fang Ru Qing, who was the financial team leader of a foreign trade company, had a lot of business, and soon fell in love with Zhao Ying Wei, the head of the business department of the same company.

Fang Ru Qing brought Ruan Mian and Zhao Ying Wei to meet during the Spring Festival this year.

Things went very smoothly after that.

Zhao Ying Wei began to frequently come in and out of Ruan Mian and her mother's lives.

A week ago, the two of them received their certificates.

Ruan Mian never participated or expressed opinions on her parents' decisions.

As early as the first time Ruan Ming Ke and Fang Ru Qing had an argument in front of her without any scruples, Ruan Mian had already guessed that such a day would come in the future.