41

Early the next morning, Ruan Mian was woken up by the alarm clock. She rubbed her sore shoulders and came out of the duty room. She returned to the office and followed Meng Fu Ping to complete the room inspection before going to the locker room to change clothes and prepare to get off work.

After changing clothes, Ruan Mian and her colleagues in the department took the elevator down from upstairs.

The other party planned to go to the cafeteria to make do with some food.

She had no appetite, so she was separated at the bottom of the building.

It's late summer in the north, and it's not hot yet in April.

The sunshine at around seven o'clock in the morning brings a thin layer of warmth.

She walked towards the entrance of the hospital, wondering whether to take a taxi or take the subway.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice her surroundings.

The road outside the hospital was full of traffic, and people were coming and going on the tree-lined avenues on both sides.

Ruan Mian was so sleepy that her eyelids started to tremble when she stood on the side of the road to stop the car.

Suddenly, she felt a shadow blocking her eyes.

"So sleepy?"

The sound startled her heart to tremble heavily.

Ruan Mian raised her eyes and saw that the person standing in front of her was still a little confused.

Chen Yi came to the hospital last night to deliver supper. Before leaving, he saw the doctor's morning and evening working hours on the wall, so he got up early and rushed over.

The car was parked in a temporary parking space on the roadside, facing the hospital gate.

He saw Ruan Mian as soon as she came out.

When he walked towards here, Chen Yi saw her standing there with her eyes slightly closed as if she was asleep. She didn't even notice his approach.

The wind brought a bit of warmth and coolness, and the whistle sounded suddenly on the road.

Ruan Mian came back to her senses and realized that the distance between the two had crossed the normal social safety distance.

She subconsciously took a small step back, and the masculine aura surrounding her body became slightly lighter.

She licked the corner of her lower lip imperceptibly, blinked and asked, "Why are you here?"

Chen Yi lowered his eyes slightly, with a smile in his eyes, and his appearance was particularly handsome in the light.

He did not answer the question, but asked her: "Did you eat this morning?"

"ah?"

Ruan Mian shook her head and said she hadn't eaten yet. She was so sleepy that she didn't realize that he hadn't answered her question yet.

"Let's go and have breakfast first."

There were several breakfast shops near the hospital.

Ruan Mian didn't know what he liked to eat, so she took people to a shop he often went to.

"There are wontons, noodles, porridge and steamed buns here. You can see what you want to eat."

After saying that, Ruan Mian looked up at the boss, "I want a bowl of chicken soup wontons."