43

Meng Xing Lan and Liang Yi Ran still had work on Monday, so they booked flights back to Pingcheng for Sunday night.

After dinner, Ruan Mian sent them to the airport.

After returning, she saw a new update from Chen Yi in Moments.

I'm on a mission and will be back at the end of the month.

There is no accompanying picture, it is like a sentence specially conveyed to someone.

She doesn't know if it was the psychological effect caused by some recent events, but Ruan Mian inexplicably felt that she had some connection with this sentence.

She liked it as always, and then clicked into Chen Yi's circle of friends, flipping through it idly.

After reading five messages in a row, Ruan Mian discovered something was wrong.

From the "vacation ended" message posted by Chen Yi on March 24th to today's message, there were seven messages in total.

There were no comments and only one like, all from her.

Ruan Mian scrolled down and looked through a few posts before March 24th.

Almost every post had likes and comments from Shen Yu, and occasionally one or two had likes from Meng Xing Lan.

But these seven are not the only ones.

Ruan Mian seemed to have thought of something, her heartbeat was beating fast, and she looked over and over at the seven events, and the thought in her heart became stronger and stronger.

She was still a little in disbelief.

She exited and opened the chat box with Meng Xing Lan.

When typing, her fingertips were trembling slightly because she was too nervous.

She typed a sentence back and forth several times before there was a typing error.

When she was about to press the send button, Ruan Mian hesitated, not sure whether the 50% chance was due to her own selfishness.

It was also at this time that she saw the key placed on the corner of the table, which Chen Yi had given her before leaving yesterday.

The key to his house.

Inexplicably, as if she had the courage in an instant, Ruan Mian pressed it and the message was quickly sent successfully, but Meng Xing Lan was already on the plane back to Pingcheng at this time.

Those few hours were long for Ruan Mian, but she had never been looking forward to something like this.

She thought that if the ending was good, then waiting would be a very meaningful thing.

At two o'clock in the morning, the city is completely silent.

All movements are amplified and appear particularly abrupt in such a late night.

In the dark room, the phone screen that suddenly lit up due to vibration woke up the person who had not been sleeping soundly in the first place.

Ruan Mian turned on the bedside lamp, took her cell phone, and saw the message Meng Xing Lan had just replied to on WeChat.

At this time, it's like buying a scratch-off ticket, and she has already scratched to the second to last number. She only needs to scratch off the last number to know whether she has won the prize.

The feeling was exciting and extremely nervous.

Ruan Mian held her phone and unlocked the screen.

She repeated this action five or six times until she received another message from Meng Xing Lan.