46-1

Chen Yi did not return to the hotel that night. He walked along the street of Pingjiangxi Lane for a long time.

On a summer night, the sky was like a huge chessboard, densely covered with stars.

At the end of the street is No. 8 Middle School.

At this time, only the buildings of the senior high school students are still on.

Chen Yi didn't bring his ID card.

The old places where they used to skip classes and cheat on the wall have also been closed by the school , he failed to get inside.

Later, at almost eleven o'clock, when the senior high school get out of class was over, students in blue and white uniforms walked out.

Chen Yi stood across the street and watched for a long time.

He tried to recall things related to Ruan Mian in his memory, every conversation and encounter between him and Ruan Mian, and even Ruan Mian's expression and reaction at that time.

But time is cruel.

No matter how hard Chen Yi tries, there are still many things that have been obliterated and forgotten by the torrent of time.

After a while, the campus was empty.

Chen Yi walked back along the way he came, surrounded by a boy riding a bicycle whizzing by.

He walked to the alley.

After so many years, the street lamps that have been in disrepair have long been replaced with new lighting lamps, and the bluestone rubble pavement has been repaired and smoothed.

Many people in the alley have moved away, and the aluminum alloy framed plastics of the grocery stores and fruit stalls have been replaced.

The signboards have also been changed batch after batch.

Chen Yi walked in, followed his memory, turned left and right, and quickly walked to the door of the small Internet cafe.

In a trance, he seemed to have returned to that sultry summer night.

He stood where Ruan Mian had stayed, and realized in hindsight that maybe it wasn't an illusion at that time.

She was really looking at him, but just like many times later, she hid her gaze well.

There is also a direct alley from the Internet cafe to Pingjiang Mansion.

It was already late at night when Chen Yi arrived home, and the house was quiet.

He went back to his room, took a shower and came out to look for things on the bookshelf, which contained some books from his high school days.

Chen Yi found the classmate book among the English and Chinese books. It was before the college entrance examination holiday.

When he and Shen Yu went out to eat, Shen Yu clamored to buy it because he wanted to compare who received the most confessions in the end.

He had received the admission notice from the University of California at that time and rarely returned to school.

After his classmates bought the admission notice, Jiang Rang took it back, and he later brought it back.

Chen Yi had never paid much attention to these things, and he didn't read them carefully after getting it.

After such a long time, the pages inside had become a little yellowed, and some of the writing had even become blurred.

He flipped back and quickly found Ruan Mian's page.