16

Early the next morning, Ruan Mian woke up from a long-lost peaceful sleep.

The surrounding furnishings were familiar and friendly, and she could even hear the rooster crowing at her cousin's house next door outside the house.

She rubbed her messy hair, got up, put on her clothes and walked out of the bedroom.

In the open courtyard, the dilapidated grape trellis in the corner becomes a good place to dry New Year's goods on cold winter days. The bacon and sausages glow with an appetizing oily sheen in the sun.

Ruan Mian stood under the eaves of the corridor, squinting her eyes and yawning, feeling relaxed from top to bottom for a long time.

On the other side of the kitchen, Zhou Xiu Jun came out with her hands wiping her apron. She was about to call Ruan Mian to wake up when she saw her standing not far away and said with a smile: "Wake up."

Ruan Mian hummed and walked down the corridor. When she smelled the faint fragrance coming from the kitchen, her eyes lit up, "It smells so good."

"It's just your nose that's good."

Zhou Xiu Jun walked in and said, "I stewed half of the old hen that your cousin sent you early in the morning, and left the other half for you to make braised for lunch."

Ruan Mian raised her hand and squeezed the old lady's shoulder, and said with a smile: "Then I will go back and thank my cousin."

"become."

Zhou Xiu Jun opened the lid of the pot and turned around to ask her, "Have you washed your face? We will have breakfast later. After breakfast we go to the vegetable market to buy vegetables. "

"good."

Ruan Mian turned around and walked out.

Zhou Xiu Jun thought of something, turned around and shouted again, "The toothbrush and towels have been put on the shelf for you."

Ruan Mian said without looking back: "I know."

The old lady smiled and shook her head, put down the lid of the pot in her hand, wiped off the water on the stove with a rag, and sat down at the entrance of the cave to continue adding firewood to the fire.

After breakfast, the grandmother and granddaughter locked the door and set out from home carrying bamboo baskets.

Xiping is divided equally into north and south. There are fewer residents in Nanxiping, while most residents in Beixing belong to the urban center. Food markets, larger comprehensive supermarkets, hospitals, etc. are all in Xiping in the north.

The old lady walked swiftly, so the two of them stopped riding and walked across the long bridge connecting the two creeks, talking and laughing along the way.

When she arrived at the vegetable market, Zhou Xiu Jun put on the show of buying New Year's goods. Buying big fish and meat, she wished she could move the entire stall back.

It took nearly half an hour to go shopping inside.

After coming out, Ruan Mian planned to go to the nearby supermarket to buy something for his aunt's cousin Ruan Jun.

Zhou Xiu Jun deposited the large and small bags in her hands with an old acquaintance who set up a stall nearby, and entered the supermarket with Ruan Mian, "Speaking of Ruan Jun, your cousin sent chickens over this morning and asked me to ask if you have time during the winter vacation , she want you to give Ruan Jun extra lessons."

Ruan Mian took two bags of potato chips from the cart, "Okay, what grade is Ruan Jun in this year?"

"It's already the second year of junior high school. We're counting down to the exam. Your cousin is so anxious that she beats and scolds him, but it's of no use. He skips class every now and then and runs to the Internet cafe."