23

With one month left before the competition, Ruan Mian suddenly developed extremely serious resistance to the exam.

She fell to the bottom of the class in three consecutive tests, which shocked the teachers who had trained her as a seed player.

This kind of situation has not happened before.

The teachers held an emergency meeting and hired a special pre-examination psychological counselor to tell her the experiences of senior students who had participated in the competition before.

All in all, they had done everything they could, but Ruan Mian's condition had never been adjusted.

For this reason, Zhou Hai specially gave her a few days off.

"These days, just have fun and put aside your studies and competitions."

Zhou Hai was also afraid that her condition would continue to be so bad, so he enlightened: "Anyway, don't be stressed, and don't have any messy bad ideas."

Ruan Mian lowered her eyes and took a deep breath, "I understand, thank you, Teacher Zhou."

No matter how much she said to comfort her, it was in vain.

At this time, she could only rely on herself to relieve the pain.

Zhou Hai didn't say anything more and just asked her to pay attention to safety on the way back.

Ruan Mian left the school empty-handed without returning to the classroom.

She got on a bus at the school gate and sat in the car wandering around.

Others thought she was under great stress and nervousness, but only Ruan Mian knew that she just couldn't face the fact that Chen Yi would go abroad after the competition.

She couldn't get over this hurdle in her heart.

That afternoon, the bus Ruan Mian took  crossed almost half of the city.

When night fell, she turned to look out the window and cried silently.

At eight o'clock in the evening, the bus stopped at a certain stop.

Ruan Mian got out of the car and walked for a long time along the lively and familiar streets.

During the holidays, Ruan Mian turned off her mobile phone and did not return to Pingjiangxi Lane.

Instead, she stayed with her grandma at Nanhu Home.

One afternoon, the live-in aunt went to the supermarket to buy hot pot ingredients for the evening.

Ruan Mian and Zhou Xiu Jun sat in the room to bask in the sun.

The winter afternoon sun brought a thin layer of warmth.

Ruan Mian sat cross-legged on the floor covered with plush blankets, fiddling with a Rubik's cube that had been worn to the point of fading.

Zhou Xiu Jun, who was lying on the bed, finished watching half an episode of the TV series, raised her hand to turn off the TV, tucked the quilt at hand and looked at Ruan Mian, "Mian Mian."

"Um?"

"Is there something on your mind?"

Ruan Mian paused in her movements, turned her head, and smiled, "No."

"What are you hiding from grandma?"

Zhou Xiu Jun said: "You haven't talked much in the past few days since you came here. When you sit down, you are in a daze. What else could it be if you don't have something on your mind?"