65-1

The winter of 2019 came extremely early, and the north wind came to this bustling city.

The wind was biting, biting and cold.

It's only mid-November, but the temperature is already approaching single digits, and the air is gray with endless haze.

Chen Yi had left City B for more than a month.

During this period, Ruan Mian followed Meng Fu Ping to City Z to attend a seminar on the treatment of thymic tumors. During the day, she held meetings and visited major hospitals to study, and returned to the hotel in the evening. She had to organize data and make a report. She was so busy that she barely even slept for eight hours a day.

Later, when she returned to City B, Ruan Mian contacted Chen Yi intermittently, but by chance, she was busy when he called, and when she returned, there was no answer.

At the end of November, Chen Yi returned to City B from the southwest and was dispatched to West Asia to perform a mission.

The night before departure, he called Ruan Mian.

After the first call failed, he called a second time.

After calling five or six times in succession, the call ended automatically with no answer for a long time.

At that time, City B was completely enveloped by cold air, and the north wind at night was like a knife mixed with it, causing pain on the face.

Chen Yi was dressed in a crisp combat uniform, with military boots that went up to his ankles, which made him tall and tall.

He stopped in the corridor, and the cold light of the mobile phone screen reflected on his face, creating a strong and clear outline.

After he sent the message, he strode across the last few steps and his figure flashed past in the corridor.

After staying at Song Huai's place for a while, Chen Yi and Shen Yu came out of the office side by side.

They were wearing the same combat uniforms, and their footsteps were so soft that they were almost inaudible in the dark night.

Shen Yu held his hat under his right arm and asked in a low voice, "Have you contacted Ruan Mian?"

"The call didn't go through, so I left a message for her."

Chen Yi raised his eyes and looked at the dark sky in the distance, but couldn't see anything.

At the same time, in a hospital dozens of kilometers away, the emergency hall was brightly lit, the clean tiles on the floor were full of traces of blood, and people were wailing and shouting one after another.

A few hours ago, a huge car accident occurred in a crowded street near Xiehe, resulting in heavy casualties. Nearby hospitals were unable to receive them and transferred a batch of injured people to Xiehe.

Ruan Mian was called to the emergency room to help.

By the time the rescue mission was completed, it was already late at night.

She followed Meng Fu Ping back to the thoracic office.

The sky outside the window was foggy and gray, covering up the outlines of high-rise buildings to a certain extent, and only the edges and corners were vaguely visible.

Ruan Mian sat writing medical records, and the only sound in the office was the sound of the pen tip rubbing against the paper.

At around six o'clock, there were faint voices outside.

Ruan Mian stopped writing, rubbed her neck and leaned back. She closed her eyes and opened the drawer and found her cell phone inside.

When she got it in front of her, she suddenly sat upright, and accidentally kicked the table leg with her toe, making a "boom" sound.