11

The biology competition that Ruan Mian participated in was not very difficult, and the awards were not very valuable. The list of winning students was announced at the end of October. There were more than a dozen first prizes, and Ruan Mian was among them.

On the day when the award certificates were delivered to the school, the school leaders of No. 8 Middle School notified all the class teachers of the award-winning students and asked them to lead the students to take photos at the entrance of the Ideological and Political Building.

It was still lunch break, and Ruan Mian was lying on the table in a drowsy state.

When she was suddenly called by Zhou Hai to take a group photo with the school teachers, leaders, and other students, she looked confused.

The sunshine in the autumn afternoon was bright and warm. The photography teacher clicked the shutter several times, stopped and looked at the photos. He smiled and said to Wu Yan, the dean of students standing next to him: "The little girl on the right in the first row is too white. The resulting photos were overexposed and the photos were unusable.”

Wu Yan leaned in front of the camera and took a look. Half of Ruan Mian's face in the photo was completely white. He raised his head and moved his hand in the air, "Ruan Mian, stand on the left side."

"okay."

Ruan Mian walked to the far left position, where there was not enough light, so she managed to take a few usable photos.

After taking a group photo and individual photos of each student, they were posted on the school bulletin board and window for display.

Teachers and leaders returned to the office one after another, and the remaining students stood in the shade of the tree, waiting for the photography teacher to call their names.

It was not until the first year of high school that we finished filming and then we reached the second year of high school.

According to the class order, Ruan Mian was the first. She stood on the steps in front of the building holding the certificate and smiled very stiffly at the camera.

At noon the next day, this photo was posted on the first bulletin board when entering the campus.

Meng Xing Lan and Liang Yi Ran were walking back to school after eating outside the school and passed by the bulletin board. They took a photo of Ruan Mian's face through the glass with their mobile phones,  a photograph.

Back in the classroom, she handed her cell phone to Ruan Mian, laughing so hard, "Why were you laughing so stupidly at that time?"

Ruan Mian: "..."

Meng Xing Lan's shoulders shook as she smiled.

Ruan Mian was so embarrassed that she couldn't help but glance at the phone screen.

At that time, most of the mobile phones used by everyone were push-button phones such as Nokia. The screens were small and the pixels were not high, but it did not affect viewing.

Ruan Mian saw a few lines of small black characters on the left edge of the photo. She zoomed in and saw that it was a familiar name.

Chen Yi.

Class 1, Senior High School.

See all the flowers in Chang'an every day.

The last sentence was not captured in full, but the full sentence is "The spring breeze is so exciting that the horse's hoofs are broken, and I can see all the flowers in Chang'an in one day", which comes from "After Enrollment" by Meng Jiao, a poet of the Tang Dynasty.