28

Chen Yi returned to Pingcheng on March 4th. 

He and Shen Yu had just finished their assignment and returned to the army to report their duties. They drove seven hours from City B and arrived home late at night.

Pingcheng has developed rapidly in recent years. The old city buildings near Pingjiang Mansion have been renovated. There are many high-rise buildings around and viaducts are everywhere. However, Pingjiang West Lane, which is separated from the Mansion by a wall, has always stood in the bustling surroundings, becoming a This is a unique old city memory in a modern area.

At around 11 o'clock at night, Chen Yi got out of the car wearing black clothes and black trousers. His shirt was neatly tucked in. The belt was the 07 type uniformly issued by the army. He had a long body and straight eyebrows.

Shen Yu, dressed similarly, was sitting in the driver's seat with his arms pressed against the window sill. His neat short hair could not hide the sharpness between his eyebrows. 

"It's so late, so I won't go in."

Chen Yi unbuttoned the two cuff buttons, rolled up his sleeves with one hand, raised his hand and shook his fingers twice, and said casually: "See you later."

"Virtue."

Shen Yu smiled and cursed, then drove away. 

The big black jeep flashed its taillights twice at the intersection and disappeared without a trace.

In the middle of the night, the sound of footsteps running across the ground was particularly clear. 

Chen Yi walked to the door of the mansion. The security guard on duty looked familiar to him, so he greeted him and opened the door himself.

The Chen family lives in the southeast corner of the house. They have a three-story bungalow that combines Chinese and Western styles inside and outside. The door is lit with lights at night and has a new combination lock.

Chen Yi has not been home often in the past few years, and he tried several passwords but none were correct. 

When the last chance was used up, the alarm next to him went off, which was particularly loud in the silence.

This small broken door probably couldn't withstand his kick. 

Chen Yi looked around, walked to the south corner, took a few steps back, then rushed forward, and turned over neatly with his hands and feet.

The moment he landed, his aunt happened to hear the siren and came out of the house with her clothes on. 

She saw a dark shadow under the corner and was about to scream in fright.

"Aunt Zhang, it's me."

Chen Yi walked out of the darkness in three steps, brushed off the dust on his hands, and smiled at the old man, "I'm back."

Aunt Zhang breathed a long sigh of relief, feeling surprised and happy, "You kid, when you come back, you don't go through the front door properly, but you have to climb over the wall to come in. What if you fall?"

Chen Yi smiled and didn't say much. 

He held the old man's shoulders and walked into the house, "Grandpa, are they all resting?"

"The old man has gone to bed early. The old lady is having a meeting in the next city these days. Your parents haven't come back yet from doing errands."

Chen Yi's father, Chen Shu Yu, has been in some trouble recently. 

An investor in one of his projects committed a crime a while ago and was sentenced to death.