27

In the autumn of 2018, Ruan Mian passed the school's graduation defense ahead of schedule and became a member of the Thoracic Surgery Department of Union Hospital in City B.

In the two months after she first entered the hospital, she was extremely busy. Her teacher was Meng Fu Ping, the deputy director of the department of thoracic surgery, who was famous for his strictness. She was scolded a lot, and it was even more common to work overtime all night. For a moment, she felt like she was back in the hospital. When she was interning in the rotation department here a few years ago, she was so exhausted that she collapsed.

On the eve of the Spring Festival, everyone in the hospital was extremely busy.

 A drunk driver had a high fever due to a car accident, and the emergency clinic was open almost all night long.

At ten o'clock in the evening, Ruan Mian finished observing an operation involving a penetrating steel bar injury and returned to the office with Meng Fu Ping, who was the first assistant and surgical director.

At that time, there was a flurry of whistles outside the emergency building, accompanied by the violent storm outside the window, which was inexplicably panicking.

In the office, Meng Fu Ping walked to the water dispenser and took a cup of hot tea. He had just taken a sip when a colleague from the department ran in from outside, his voice a little urgent, "Director Meng, there is an emergency over there in the suburbs. Hospital Zhou I've asked you to come over for a meeting!"

Meng Fu Ping responded. He didn't even have time to put the lid on the cup, so he put the water cup on the table and ran out with the others.

The rain pounded outside the window and the office bell rang. 

Ruan Mian stood up and answered the call.

 After listening to the description on the phone, she said hurriedly: "Okay, I'll be right back."

The phone call did not go into details, but only mentioned that a residential building that had just been handed over in the suburbs collapsed. 

There were two rooms in one elevator and a total of 12 floors, causing heavy casualties.

The hospital formulated an emergency rescue plan. Some doctors went to the scene to participate in the rescue, and some stayed in the hospital to prepare for receiving critically ill patients.

Ruan Mian followed him out of the scene.

This was not the first time she had appeared at the scene, but when she finally arrived at the place, looking at the wailing and wailing all around, and the people who were no longer breathing after being pulled out from the rubble by the firefighters, she still felt like her heart was filled with something. Cotton, out of breath.

Heavy rain and low temperatures increased the difficulty of rescue and caused many people to lose their possible chance of survival. 

Ruan Mian quickly put away those unnecessary emotions and devoted herself to rescuing the wounded.

The rescue mission lasted for half a month. 

During that time, TV reports were all over the sky. 

The whole city and even the people of the country were paying attention to this matter. However, the final result was not as expected. Hundreds of residents in one building survived in the end. There are only a dozen people, some have lost their parents and children, some have lost their brothers and sisters, but most of them have lost their entire family.

The building collapsed, and the relationships and interests involved behind it were complicated. From a big shot to a small cement supplier, everyone became a sinner.