58

She wanted to hide back, but he held her chin tightly and held her in his arms.

"Boom!"

With the sound of heavy objects falling from the balcony, the two of them came out of the charming atmosphere.

Chen Yi let go of her and leaned back on the sofa.

The rain outside the house continued unabated, and big raindrops hit the glass, making a tinkling sound, followed by another sound of heavy objects falling to the ground.

"I'll go out and take a look."

Ruan Mian lowered her head and put on her slippers and was about to walk to the balcony.

Chen Yi suddenly grabbed her wrist and stood up from the sofa.

"I go."

There was a ventilation window on the balcony that was not closed, and two empty flower pots on the flower stand were blown to the ground by the wind, and the porcelain pieces were shattered on the ground.

Chen Yi closed the window, used a broom to clean up the debris, and pierced the garbage bag before turning and walking into the house.

Ruan Mian saw what he was carrying and asked, "What dropped?"

"flowerpot."

Chen Yi walked to the door, put the garbage beside the door, and warned, "Don't go to the balcony without wearing shoes. I don't know if there are any other debris that haven't been cleaned up."

"oh."

Ruan Mian went into the kitchen and boiled a pot of water, and opened the refrigerator.

It was full of ingredients, but some of them had withered and turned yellow after being left for too long.

She picked out the inedible vegetables, found half a package of chicken wing roots from the freezer, and defrosted them in the sink.

After finishing this, Ruan Mian walked out and said, "Chen Yi."

"Um?"

Chen Yi looked up at her.

"Do you want to stay for lunch?"

Hearing this, Chen Yi glanced at the clock hanging on the wall.

It was almost eleven o'clock.

He turned around and asked, "When will you go to the hospital in the afternoon?"

"Around three or four o'clock."

"Then eat. After eating, I will take you to the hospital."

"good."

Ruan Mian didn't say anything, just tied up her hair and entered the kitchen again.

In a two-bedroom house, the open kitchen faced the living room without any obstruction.

Chen Yi bent down to pick up the blanket hanging on the floor, got up and walked over.

Ruan Mian was peeling potatoes.

Chen Yi stood there and stared for a few seconds.

He noticed something was wrong. He didn't know whether it was because the knife was dull or because she was not skillful.

After she peeled a small potato, Almost a third smaller.

When she reached for the second one, he asked softly, "Can you cook?"

Ruan Mian stopped and looked up at him, her eyes clear and translucent, her face innocent, "I don't know what your concept of cooking is."

Upon hearing this, Chen Yi didn't intend to ask any more questions.