57

It was only four o'clock in the afternoon when Chen Yi's car stopped in the yard.

Grandma Liu Wen Qing came out of the house in surprise, "Didn't you say you would come here in the evening?"

He got out of the car, closed the door, walked a few steps forward, held the old man's shoulders, "Nothing, just came over first."

Lin Jia Hui temporarily needed to be hospitalized for recuperation. She was still awake before she left.

Ruan Mian was anxious to go back and take care of her, and left without saying a few words to him.

"Where's the girlfriend?"

Liu Wen Qing smiled gently, "Didn't you say that you had a girl you liked before? Why haven't you decided yet?"

Chen Yi was no longer secretive this time, "It's decided, I'll bring her over for dinner next time."

"Really?"

"Of course it's true. What did I lie to you about?"

Chen Yi helped Liu Wen Qing walk into the house.

The air conditioner was not turned on in the living room, and a ceiling fan hung from the top, slowly blowing the air.

Liu Wen Qing called a servant to serve Chen Yi a bowl of cooling mung bean soup.

There were a few lily leaves floating in the clear water.

Fortunately, there was no ice.

Chen Yi brought it over and took a few sips.

The old lady sat at the table, "Your uncle accompanied your grandfather to the nursing home to visit his former comrades. He won't be back until five or six o'clock. Your aunt took Bao'er shopping."

Bao'er's full name is Song Bao'er, a little girl from Uncle Chen Yi's family.

In order to cultivate her daughter's independence, Song Huai sent her to a boarding school since junior high school.

During the winter and summer vacations, the little girl also signed up for various summer camps and winter camp activities by herself. She comes back all year round. She only comes home very rarely, and this time it was just a coincidence that she had just returned from the prairie after summer camp two days ago, and school would start in a few days.

Chen Yi chatted with the old lady for a while, when another whistle came from the door.

After a while, there were rapid footsteps running in from outside, "Grandma, is my brother here?"

The next second, Song Bao'er saw the figure sitting on the sofa. She was so excited that she even burst out in English.

Her mother, An Yu, slapped her on the shoulder and told her to speak properly, so she calmed down a little.

Chen Yi said hello to An Yu, and the little girl jumped up to him, "Brother, happy birthday, You are twenty-seven."

"If you don't mention your age, I might be happier."

Chen Yi has doted on this younger sister since he was a child.

Although they are ten years apart, there is no three-year-old generation gap problem between the two of them when they get along.

Song Bao'er smiled mischievously and took Chen Yi to play with the game disk she had saved.

The brother and sister played for most of the afternoon.

After dinner, Chen Yi went to the kitchen to find his aunt and asked for a portion of chicken soup to be packed away.

The aunt found a thermos bucket.