47

Ruan Ming Ke hadn't rested when Ruan Mian got home.

She took the rice dumplings into the kitchen and walked over, "Why are you still up so late?"

"I don't feel sleepy after drinking tea during the day."

Ruan Ming Ke folded the newspaper and put it on the coffee table.

When she sat down, he said, "Your mother just called me."

Ruan Mian knew what it was for without having to guess, so she pretended not to understand, got the remote control and randomly found a movie to play.

Ruan Ming Ke looked up and said warmly: "Your mother has been worrying about you all her life. You are her only daughter. It is inevitable that she will be worried about your life-long events."

She turned down the volume on the TV, "I understand."

"So what do you think?"

Ruan Ming Ke laughed and said, "You haven't found any friends for so many years. To be honest, father is a little anxious."

"I know you are busy with work, and I don't want to rush you into this, but your mother is determined to arrange a blind date for you this time."

Ruan Ming Ke looked helpless.

Ruan Mian scratched her face and cheeks, not thinking of what to say.

Ruan Ming Ke suggested: "It's better than this. You listen to your mother's arrangement and go to meet one or two. Even if you fail the interview, let alone a blind date, you can go and see it first and then say it's not suitable. It's better than one. Don’t let your mother keep talking about it.”

"Okay, I'll think about it again."

Ruan Mian was doing Tai Chi, "I'm going to take a shower first."

She went back into the room as if she were hiding from something.

Ruan Ming Ke shook his head and sighed, then said towards the other side of the room: "Grandma left lotus seed soup for you in the kitchen."

"knew."

Ruan Mian came out of the room holding her pajamas, "I'll drink later."

Ruan Ming Ke said nothing more and picked up the newspaper on the table again.

When Ruan Mian came out from the shower, others went to the study again.

Ruan Mian passed by the door of the study and saw him looking for something there, so he asked, "Dad, what are you looking for?"

"Find some old information."

Ruan Ming Ke turned on the light on the top of the bookshelf and looked back at her, "You go about your business and get some rest early."

"Okay, you should also go to bed early."

Ruan Mian wiped her hair and went to the kitchen, took out the lotus seed soup from the refrigerator, and sat in the dining room while scrolling through her phone and eating.

Meng Xing Lan started a WeChat group last night and invited them all in, planning to take advantage of this holiday to get together.

The group was chatting lively at the moment.

She flipped through it casually and put it down.

She got up and took the bowl into the kitchen.

After cleaning up and coming out, Ruan Mian saw Ruan Ming Ke holding a mobile phone and having a voice chat with someone.