54-1

The hospital building was still brightly lit in the early morning, and the red cross on the top flashed hope in the dark night.

Chen Yi waited outside for more than ten minutes and was about to go back when he saw Ruan Mian walking out of the duty room.

He put away his phone and walked over to her.

Just as he was about to speak, Ruan Mian suddenly reached out and hugged him.

His arms passed through her waist, and his hands were crossed and hung there.

There was no one in the corridor at night, so Chen Yi raised his arms to hug her back, rubbed his chin against her head, and asked in a low voice: "What's wrong?"

Ruan Mian pressed her face against his chest and said nothing, but her mind kept thinking about what Fang Ru Qing had just said.

"I heard your dad mention something about Chen Yi's career, and I also learned a lot about it online. For the people of the country, his job is indeed great, but as a husband and your lifelong partner, Mom actually doesn't approve of it."

"In the days when you were in Lorraine, I couldn't sleep every night, for fear that I wouldn't receive news of your safety when I woke up the next day. Mom has experienced the pain of being frightened, and I don't want my daughter to live in this world for the rest of her life. amid this concern."

"I know it's really selfish for my mother to think this way. Chen Yi is a good boy and he is not wrong in this matter, but I just hope that my daughter can live a happy life."

Chen Yi let Ruan Mian hug her quietly for a while, then raised his hand to rub the back of her head, then slid down and gently pinched the back of her neck, "Are you having trouble with your aunt on the phone?"

Ruan Mian pressed her face against his chest and said in a low voice, "No."

Fang Ru Qing's starting point was not wrong, but she didn't know how important Chen Yi was to Ruan Mian, and she didn't know the so-called fate between the two people.

Even if Ruan Mian had thousands of words to say for Chen Yi, At that time, she didn't know where to start.

Chen Yi didn't ask any more questions, and kept squeezing her with his hand.

After a while, he saw the figure walking over from the other end of the corridor, and patted Ruan Mian on the shoulder, "Someone is here."

"Um?"

Ruan Mian turned her head from his arms and looked back.

The next second, she immediately let go and stood still, "Teacher Meng."

Meng Fu Ping nodded in response, looking tired but gentle, "Why are you standing here talking, there is no one else in the duty room."

Ruan Mian was a little cautious, "Let's come out and get some air."

Meng Fu Ping didn't ask any more questions, and returned to the office after explaining a few words.

Chen Yi looked at Ruan Mian's obviously relieved look, and recalled that her reaction to seeing her Chinese teacher in high school was exactly the same as now, and he couldn't bear it. He laughed out loud.

Ruan Mian was puzzled: "Why are you laughing?"

"nothing."

Chen Yi half pushed and half hugged the person back to the duty room.

As soon as the door was closed, he held the person in his arms again.

During the movement, someone didn't know who touched the switch on the wall.