70

This year's New Year's Eve dinner was held by Ruan and Chen's family at the hotel together.

 The elders set the date for the wedding at the table and took full responsibility for all aspects of the wedding.

After eating, the group came out of the hotel. 

Chen Yi and Ruan Mian did not follow their parents home but took a detour to the city center.

There is a grand New Year's Eve event there tonight.

On New Year's Eve, the streets are filled with cars and people coming and going, whistles sound one after another, and car lights and streetlights complement each other, forming a long light strip, like the Milky Way.

In the cold winter night, Chen Yi and Ruan Mian walked hand in hand among the crowd, walking slowly and chatting in low voices about trivial matters.

The life of the two of them after receiving the certificate is not much different from before. 

The nature of the work, where they spend less time together and more time apart, makes every time they spend together precious.

The hotel where they ate was not far from the venue for the New Year's Eve event. 

When Chen Yi and Ruan Mian passed by, the streets in the city center were already crowded with people.

The middle lane was also filled to the brim, with vehicles blocking the middle of the road, dividing the crowded flow of people into pieces.

Ruan Mian received a call from Meng Xing Lan. She and Liang Yi Ran were blocked on the south side and would not be able to walk for a while. 

Shen Yu, who came from home, also sent a message saying that they were blocked on the west side.

There was a lot of excitement all around. 

Ruan Mian just wanted to turn around and talk to Chen Yi, but she didn't want to see all the unfamiliar faces in front of her.

Her lips were slightly parted, her expression full of surprise.

After being stunned for a second or two, Ruan Mian looked away and called Chen Yi while walking.

 Just as she pressed a 1, someone suddenly grabbed her arm from behind and pulled her into his arms.

The man's breath was warm and familiar, making her struggle for only a second before she stopped. 

Chen Yi lowered his head and said in her ear, "No need to look for it, I can see you."

There were too many people here, and he had been pushed to the side just now to avoid the couple holding a child.

At this time, Chen Yi stood behind Ruan Mian, put his arm around her shoulders, and walked forward along with the flow of people. 

"Next time this happens again, just stand there and wait for me. I will come back to find you."

Ruan Mian smiled and nodded, "I know."

There were so many people in the city center on New Year's Eve that it was unimaginable.

The whole street was like boiling water in a pot, lively and boiling.

Chen Yi and Ruan Mian finally found a place to rest.

 When they stopped, both of them were sweating more or less.

Chen Yi simply took off his coat and stood in the cold wind wearing single clothes.

After all these years, he still hasn't gotten rid of this bad habit. No matter how cold the winter is, he always wears only one piece of clothing under his down jacket.