Chapter 6

*Chapter 6*

Annabelle's POV:

Hayley and I have been staying at the lads house for a month now. I've gotten closer with all the lads, especially Liam. He's like the older brother I never had. Paparazzi have found out about us. So now the world knows we're living with them. I haven't made a twitter yet so I haven't been getting any hate, thank god.

It is currently July 4th and the guys, Hayley, and I are going out to a lake to watch fireworks. Right now it is 7:45pm.

"Okay guys we're all set to go. You can start loading the car. I've got the blankets to sit on and a few chairs. We can get snacks and drinks there. There is a popcorn stand because a lot of people go to this." Liam explaimed.

"I call front seat!" I yelled while sprinting to the car. I hear a lot of footsteps behind me, letting me know there running after me. Liam isn't running after me because he already gets front, too. He's the driver.

"Oh no you don't!" Niall yelled but it's too late. I'm already in the front with the door locked. I smirk in victory and they pout.

"Ha! Ha!" I laugh while they all hop in the back seat with Hayley. Liam puts everything in the trunk and hops in. Shit, I should've helped him carry something.

"It would've been nice if someone had helped me carry things instead of running after front seat." Liam said irritated and I pout.

"Awh, Li, I'm sorry. I will help you next time." I said. I unbuckle my seat and lean over to his seat right next to mine, and kiss his cheek. He tries not to smile but it doesn't work.

"Haha I got you to smile. I've got some sort of powers in these babies!" I said pointing at my lips.

"Yeah, and you better be only using them on us guys, no one else." He says sternly. Really?

"Really Li? Seriously? Did you really have to bring that up? One day I'm hopefully going to be in a relationship and you'll need to get over it. I'm not a little baby." I said and turn my head to look out the window.

Liam huffs. "I just don't want you to get hurt, Bells. Don't get frustrated with me." Liam said.

"Whatever." I answered and he doesn't say anything after that. I turn around and look at Hayley.

"Hey, Hayes, remember last year when we watched fireworks from my bedroom window together?" I asked with a grin. She nods smiling.

"That was fun." She giggles.

"Yes, it sure was." I smile.

"Did your foster family not take you out to watch them?" Zayn asked curiously.

"They we're going to but they we're low on money and they had to work so I told them to go work because that's more important." I told him. He nods and I turn back around to face the front and look out the window again.

"When are we gonna be there?" I whined impatiently. I feel Liam's eyes on me briefly.

"About 30 minutes. Please don't be whiny."  I roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me either." He says sternly.

"Why are you being mean to me? This is supposed to be a fun night." I said with a frown.

"You're having an attitude, that's why." Liam said with his eyes are on the road.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and turn sideways to look out the window again.

"Don't be upset. And thank you for apologizing." Liam said, sighing.