Chapter 43

*Chapter 43*

Annabelle's POV:

"Derek Knight has slipped into a coma." He said sadly and I gasped.

"What?" My voice cracked. Derek was there for me through everything. He helped me with my cuts and bruises after Alex used me as a punching bag.

"He has serious asthma and from all the smoke insulation he couldn't hold on." The nurse frowned.

Tears automatically start falling down my cheeks. "Can I visit him? Since I'm being released."

"Yes you may." He said and I nod. I hop out of the bed and onto my feet. I start to fall backwards because I got up too fast but my hero, Trent, saves me.

"Thank you." I said, softly. He plants a big kiss on my cheek. The nurse walks out of the room and shuts the door.

Trent's dad drove him to the house so he could pick up his car. He got me some clothes while he was there.

Since Derek let me take a shower this morning I didn't need another one. I quickly pull down Derek's sweat pants, exposing my underwear. I don't care if Trent sees because he's already seen what's under them.

I slip on some of my pajama pants that he brought. "Can you help me take off my shirt?" I asked. My burnt hand is wrapped up in gauze so it's hard to use it.

"Sure, baby." He said and helps me take my shirt off. His eyes automatically shoot to the cuts on my stomach. He doesn't look away.

"Stop staring." I snapped self-consciously.  He jumps back and looks away. I kind of feel bad for snapping at him because now I need his help. "Can you help me again?" He looks up at me and walks over.

He gently helps me pull my tank top on. After its on my body, he places his hands on my waist and pulls me close.

"I missed you. I can't even explain how much I did." He lays his head on my shoulder.

"I missed you too." I said. He pulls away and plants a kiss on my lips and then pulls away again. I place my lips, softly, back onto his.

My hands fly up to the back of his neck. We break our small kiss and stare at each other. "You don't know how hard it was going without seeing your beautiful face every day." He whispered. I stand onto my tippy toes an peck his lips.

Before I can speak, the nurse walks back in. "Sorry to interrupt but this room is needed by another patient so we need you to leave as soon as you can." He said. I unwrap my arms from Trent's neck and pick up my things.

"Give me those." Trent smiles. I hand him the things I was holding and I turn around to walk out the door.

"Best wishes to you and your injuries." The nurse smiled.

"Thanks." Trent and I walk out to the car and place our things in there. Then we walk back inside the hospital.

I walk up to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm here to visit Derek Knight." I told the lady at the desk. She nods and looks into her computer.

"Room 134. It will be down that hallway and to your right." She said pointing at the hallways.

"Thank you." I responded and walk over to his room with Trent following me. He catches up to me and connects his hand with mine. I look up at him and smile a little.

We walk until we reach the front of his room. Trent starts to walk in but I stay frozen. "Coming?" He asked, confusedly. I nod, slowly and walk inside the room with him.