Chapter 36

*Chapter 36*

Annabelle's POV:

"I'm buying something." Liam said smoothly, ignoring the actually meaning of my question. It's so foreign to see him in person. I mean, it's been a little over a year and I've only seen pictures of him on twitter from his fangirls.

"Okay, what do you want?" I started to shake. What the hell? I'm freaking cashing my fake step brother out at a freaking bakery after not seeing him for so long. I feel so freaking awkward, I don't know what to do or how to act.

"5 bottles of water, 2 blue berry muffins, and 3 chocolate muffins." He said, looking me directly in the eyes. I quickly look away and nod. I type that into the cash register.

"£11.98" I mumbled quietly. He pulls out his wallet and hands me the money. I put it into the cash register as I feel him intently stare at me.

"Here's your change. . ." I said, quietly. I turn around and grab the water bottles and hand them to him. Then I walk to the back and grab 5 muffins and bring them back to him.

"Thank you, have a good night." I tried to be nice because the last thing I need is to get in trouble for not being polite to a customer.

He doesn't turn around to walk away for some reason. He just stares at me. I've had enough of his games.

"Would you quit?!" I snapped. Trent walks over to us when he sees my discomfort.

"What's wrong babe? you look upset." He said, not noticing that the man in front of me is Liam.

Trent looks at Liam immediately afterwards and his eyes widen. He props the twins on his lips for a better grip and I smile at them.

"What are you doing here?!" He yelled at Liam. I immediately freak out, thinking someone will see or hear us but when I look around to see that the bakery has no new customers, and all the workers are in the back, I relax.

"It's okay, Trent. He's just buying things." I told him softly. He looks at me with angry eyes until he actual realizes he's no longer looking at Liam. "Go sit back down." He nods uncertainly and walks away. I glance and see Hayley staring wide eyed at us and then I look back at Liam who still hasn't moved.

"Can I hold Aidan?" Liam asked like nothing has ever been wrong between us. Like nothing happened a year ago and like I didn't leave them.

"No." I said, rudely.

"Why not?" He asked curiously.

"Don't play this game with me right now." I snapped. "Go back with your friends." I know exactly who his friends are because well, they're my other fake brothers.

"I want to talk to you." He said quieter.

"You are right now. And that's all you're ever getting ever again, Liam." I said strictly.

"We are going to talk about what happened, Annabelle. Whether you like it or not. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." He said, with a smirk.

"Neither. I'm not going with you." I snapped annoyed. He can't possibly force me to do something I don't want to do! This only makes his smirk grow wider.

"Hey, Molly." He yelled through the back. Panic rises in my chest.

"How do you know her?" I asked, confused.

"Old friend." He smirked.

"Yes?" She asked and walks out. "Oh, hey Liam." She smiles.

"Hey, can Annabelle get off early? Like right now?" He asked her. What in the world is he doing? Someone help me.