[ADVENTURE] MY FATHER'S HOUSE and MY DARKEST SHADOW by AudreyTLennox

MY FATHER'S HOUSE and MY DARKEST SHADOW by AudreyTLennox

Harper doesn't know her enemy. The first attack on her England holiday is dismissed as a random mugging. But when she is held at gunpoint by a woman intent on taking more than her purse, Harper is forced to reconsider her initial assumptions.

As her adversaries become more lethal, Harper slowly uncovers disturbing facts about her missing father's criminal history. The more she learns, the more she questions her father's objectives. Does he truly wish to protect her or is there a scheme unfolding that places her intentionally in the crosshairs of his enemies? To escape England alive, Harper must face her enemies and the possibility that her father is one of them.

- This is a story I came across when I decided to click on it because it's been coming back in my recommendations frequently. Clicking it totally wasn't a waste. You'll totally wonder, with the main character, on what's been going on and who to trust. Sometimes you have no choice but to blindly trust someone, but thinking of the consequences is scary. (ScratchWrites07)

Harper has faced the dark shadows of her past before. Her family's involvement in the smuggling underworld had threatened to kill her, but with the help of her father's right hand, Kael Sullivan, she escaped those adversaries alive.

A year later, Harper steps into her father's house again, but this time she's alone. Kael Sullivan has disappeared, and Harper may be key to finding him. As she uncovers the mysterious events surrounding his disappearance, Harper realizes her once perfect life was a lavish facade. She can no longer trust the motives of those closest to her, including Kael. Harper is no longer naive. Premonition warned that her family's past would one day return to haunt her, yet she hadn't foreseen her darkest shadow.

- The author keeps you hooked with its sequel "My Darkest Shadow". The more the main character knew about the past and the things been going on behind the scenes will furthermore make us doubt things. (ScratchWrites07)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!