[HISTFIC] THE GREATEST JOURNEY by whisperedloves

THE GREATEST JOURNEY by whisperedloves

Miss Alice Stewart is a poor girl, recently fatherless with a mother and two younger siblings to take care when she finds a job in service as a maid with her aunt Mrs. Green. Soon the family she works for loses money and lets go of her, in need of work to help her family she finds herself with a new job in a house of ill repute for a mad master. Miss Alice assumes it's just a job but she doesn't know how involved she'll become or what she's walked into until it's too late and she discovers the last maid is dead...

| Alice's POV |

Jonathan Swift said; vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others, so are you able to see the invisible, the blurred lines of interactions, the wink of an eye when you are not looking? It took some time to know the answer to a question I had never bothered to ask and it was a long journey until my eyes were opened, till the blind could see. Though I can still pinpoint back to the moment my tale of horrors began, it was not like any other day, I would be off on my own for the first time and felt in my bones there was something quite different in the smoky London air.

December 7th of 1888, what a cold day it was, the wind of the winter blew right through my thin outfit and my teeth battered against one another as I tried to say goodbye...

- I had to recommend this book because it's definitely worth a read if you like well-paced historical dramas. Believe me, this has a lot of drama. It's a long book but don't let that put you off. It carries you the whole way. Victorian 19th century England to be precise. (sphinx1)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!