[FANTASY] A THOUSAND BURNING MASKS by seventhstar

A THOUSAND BURNING MASKS by seventhstar

***Please note since spotlighting, this book has been removed for publishing***

When everyone wears a mask, who do you trust? Sarna is a runaway. After escaping her abusive parents, she joins Zichuan Theater. Her biggest dreams are realized when she is summoned to perform at the Erden crown prince's nameday, and she can't be happier.

But everything changes when a masked person tries to assassinate the crown prince. Incarcerated with a death sentence in line, a eunuch presents Sarna a tempting offer: her freedom for the crown prince's life. To save her life and her beloved theater, Sarna accepts. Thrown out in the streets with no one to go to, Sarna journeys to learn the dark art of Facechanging, which she slips into another girl's identity and enters the Palace as a servant with hopes of nearing the crown prince.

However, killing the crown prince is harder than she assumes. Trapped between a brooding prince that threatens her heart and her own lies, Sarna must decide what really matters, or she'll lose all she has ever worked for. Or worse, her identity.

- It starts slow, unnoticed, but still invites you in a marvelous world, before hitting you in the face quite literally with a plot twist that sends the protagonist on a dangerous path toward the dark art of Facechanging. The first person POV here is well done, which is rare, and the descriptions of sensations are always mesmerizing, to the point they sometimes hurt physically. Definitely a wonderful novel. (kircemillay)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!