[SCIFI] THE NUMBERED by bnlfan

THE NUMBERED by bnlfan

 Imagine the second you're born, a consultant removes you from your mother's grasp and runs a battery of genetic and physiological tests on you. Thirty minutes later they give you a score out of one hundred which denotes your level of perfection. If your score is above eighty and you work hard to maintain that score you will have a charmed life; well fed, well-rewarded, spoiled. But fall below eighty and you're labelled Sub-80, and life will not be so kind.

Hannah is adopted by a Sub-80 family when her birth parents choose their social standing over their daughter and endures a life of struggle, hunger and service. One day Hannah is escorted to the regional government office and told that the Consultant who delivered her, who labelled her Sub-80 got it wrong! Now she is being relocated back to her birth parents, to live as one of the Ninety-Five, all medically and legally judged as perfect. Entering this new life Hannah has an impossible decision to make which puts not only hers, but the lives of everyone she cares about at great risk.

The Numbered- where no one wants to be number one.

- It was one of the first books I started reading on here and her work is very original and well written. It just stood out to me and captured my attention. (WinterStars)

- This is a superb book. A dystopian world with chilling parallels to our own; so much so that the reader can easily believe this could happen in the future. Not a future any of us would want to live in, either. Discrimination, segregation and oppression form a background to a long-term combination of conspiracy and revenge; against which the characters play out their roles; some of them as puppets and some as puppet-masters. An intriguing insight into the psychological effects of being born into the wrong class, colour, creed or just category, when the penalty for making the wrong decisions could be death. A few really unexpected twists lift this book above many of its peers. Not one for the faint-hearted. (MarkAshWood)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!