[MYSTERY/THRILLER] THE DANGERS OF ISLAM: THE TERRORIST by HelenaWon [Mature]

THE DANGERS OF ISLAM: THE TERRORIST by HelenaWon

Dawood Khan, an American Muslim soldier in the US Army, had been an outsider for a good portion of his life. His Islamic identity was something he cherished, but others looked down on in disdain. Bullies at school ridiculed, mentally tortured, and physically assaulted Dawood for cherishing that identity. After a horrifying encounter with his high school bully, Dawood decided that enough was enough. He grew wiser, determined to face the terrorists that his religion was forcibly associated with. His decisions enabled him to encounter terrorists who killed in the name of their Creator, terrorists that claimed to follow the same religion he followed. For disagreeing with their twisted beliefs, these terrorists executed men, women, and children. This was not the Islam he knew. This was not the Islam that he followed.

In hopes of changing his community's image, Dawood embarked on an excursion to better the image of Muslims in America. His voyage began in peace, yet ended in disaster and rage. Follow his life as he faces the growing danger of guilt by association and see the Muslim American community in a new light. Who is Dawood Khan and why is he known as America's number one enemy?

- What I have read is mind-boggling perfection. It's about a bi-ethnic US soldier who somehow ends up in a Guantanamo-esque facility and the story just unfolds backwards leading up to that point. It has really powerful (personality wise) characters, vivid descriptions and it really pulls you in (because that first chapter is so ???? I don't even know) while making you second guess yourself if you're rooting for the bad guy or someone who got framed for a crime they didn't commit. Reading it feels like more than watching a movie-- it's like reality in your head. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for "higher" level readers, you can't not give it a shot. (Hijabi-Soldier)

- While this isn't my cup of tea, this sure is one unique plot with an interesting MC :-) (Witto150)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!