[GENERAL FICTION] JOURNEY'S CHILD by clhenderson

JOURNEY'S CHILD by clhenderson

Twelve year old Gilly Morris is about to journey through a summer of loss, bullies, guilt and terror. Told from her point of view, 2003 is the summer when the horrible, terrible thing happened to her and her mother. Journey's Child is the story of unimaginable loss and pain, and where redemption comes at a high price.

Drakes Harbor is an old art community on the Oregon coast where Gilly and her mother spend that fateful summer. Alone with her guilt and pain, Gilly befriends a grizzled hermit living with his own loss. Journey's Child isn't a story of what life can take away but rather the cautionary tale of surviving the storm together.

- A beautifully written story about twelve-year-old, Gilly Morris's, journey through the summer of 2003. Although Gilly's journey is mainly one of isolation, loss, bullying, guilt and terror, she also finds new friendship in a most unlikely person. Throughout, @clhenderson weaves a rich tapestry of stunning visuals and first-person experience of events as Gilly discovers more about herself and the significant others in her life. Events are not always as expected, and there are plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader turning the pages. If you like a story that makes you think and is filled with intrigue and depth, then you won't want to put Journey's Child down. (she1209)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!