[MYSTERY/THRILLER] CONFESSIONS OF A FAKE PSYCHIC DETECTIVE by BenSobieck

CONFESSIONS OF A FAKE PSYCHIC DETECTIVE by BenSobieck

* Her psychic powers are fake, but the kidnapped girl she must find is real. *

Zandra is an infamous "psychic" who grifts the gullible residents of her small Wisconsin town using her wits, not anything supernatural. Her skills are put to the ultimate test when the police tap her to help find a kidnapped girl.

But there's a catch. The girl's father apparently got away with murdering Zandra's husband years ago.

Can Zandra put aside her grudge for the sake of a missing child? Or is this the perfect opportunity for revenge?

- A series about a psychic being a psychic would never catch my eye but Ben Sobieck's story about a woman whose husband goes missing, then found dead when she tells the police the location the of his body after dreaming about it- is amazing. She gained the title Psychic because of it but it didn't mean her any good. People started to believe she murdered her husband which lead to even worse rumours. She believes the owner of an establishment is responsible for her husband's death which is when her thirst for revenge began. But sadly she doesn't get her revenge, revenge isn't the book's main focus, it's more focused on solving a disappearance of a little girl using her "psychic" powers a.k.a great observations and assumptions. Glass Eye takes place years after the incident which turns her into the protagonist the readers all know and love. Though she is labelled psychic, the readers know what she really is. A woman with great memory and intelligence which she uses to manipulate people with, she does readings when in reality she's just very observant, taking small things and turning them into big assumptions. The book has great writing, great plots and of course, great characters. I'm yet to read Bull's eye, but out of the three, I enjoyed Black Eye more since it's beginning to be very interesting. Anyway. I recommend everyone who's a fan of mystery/thriller books to give it a go. (BaskyBrilliant)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!