[FANFICTION] REPULSE | MARVEL by CaroDelMonte

REPULSE | MARVEL by CaroDelMonte

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

In a steampunk-inspired World War II, treachery and secrets abound as the world spirals closer to chaos. Steve Rogers is a would-be soldier with nothing to lose. Denied from enlisting more times than he can count, he's willing to throw his life on the line in a desperate attempt to do his part for the war effort.

Tony Stark is a vigilante genius who doesn't know where his loyalties lie. He could care less about which flag you fly under, so long as you pay him in cash to get the job done. The son of the government's leading weapons provider, he is a dangerous loose cannon in the precarious game of wartime.

Clint Barton is a sailor with a dark past he'd do anything to leave behind. Although he thinks he's free on the high seas, his demons still linger beneath the surface, threatening to burst forth at any moment. War will bring them together, and war will tear them apart. 

- This is a fanfiction/steampunk/historical set in WWII, following the lives of Clint Burton, Steve Rogers and Tony Stark (yes, it's an Alternative Universe story, though some plot events are inspired by the movie Captain America: the First Avengers). I've rarely seen such a passion for historical accuracy, and the author really manages to drag you into another time, down to the smallest details, until you don't recognize her hand anymore. Plus, her narrative is engaging and thoughtful. In short, the author's a master when it comes to reader immersion. The plot crafted isn't action-packed but still manages, in a wonderful way, to keep the reader devouring chapter after chapter. (kircemillay)

- It's a Marvel fanfiction set in the 40s, I'm still reading it and so far I'm enjoying it. Caro's ability to describe is astonishing, it makes you feel like you're actually there. (DianaTheThird)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!