[GENERAL FICTION] WHEN MARY MET HALLEY by FairlyLocalTreehouse

WHEN MARY MET HALLEY by FairlyLocalTreehouse

Mary Kincaid was sixteen when her mom ran away, leaving her to raise her younger siblings. When her world fell apart two years later, it was only because of her boyfriend and best friend--twin brothers who lived next door--that Mary even survived.

Sometimes she wishes she hadn't.

Now Mary is twenty-six and determined to give her niece and nephews a better childhood than she had, despite constant interference from their own alcoholic mother. She is about to marry her childhood sweetheart when the universe yanks the rug out from under her yet again, leaving him badly injured and in a coma. Of course this is when his secret mistress shows up, whom by all rights Mary and her best friend should hate . . . so why does she find herself inviting her to stay in the spare room?

She soon learns that sometimes the person you're looking for comes when you're not looking at all.

- This book is less about love and more about Mary's journey to finding happiness. The author creates a diverse and easily imagined scene with each chapter. The characters are brilliantly introduced and each has a special place in my heart. It's wonderful to find a story that isn't focused on romance. The friendships are strong enough to carry this book along from the first word to the last! (TSTurcotte)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!